Silly me, I like winning spring training games

Frobby

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

(March 9th))))))))) [GAME ONE]

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l17

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l15

o

20 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(March 13th)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l6

TORONTO BLUE JAYS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l4

o

Printing those playoff tix. Good thing too because I tragically missed 2012 and 2014.

A silly 6-4 win for us today as we ambushed the immortal David Paulino and Danny Barnes in a 3-run 8th inning.    Hey, they’ve both pitched in the majors for parts of the last three years!   Stroman dominated us for 4.1 innings, but we walked away happy!   

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(March 13th)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l6

TORONTO BLUE JAYS lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - l4

o

3 hours ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Printing those playoff tickets. It's a good thing too, because I tragically missed 2012 and 2014.

o

That sentiment would be more apt in a thread that was more serious than one in which is titled, "I like Winning Spring Training Games" ........ then again, so would my overly-enthusiastic  post.

o

Back again after a long absence.  I do not think it is at all silly to want to win ST games.  Winning becomes a habit as does losing.  I like the winning habit better.  Of course ST is a time to look at all the players and then choose from among the group.  And bad habits can arise when the attitude is that it is just a ST game, it does not count, etc.  That 17-15 game the other day  was a game I would have rather lost and not played so carelessly, than won as they did and look like anything but professionals.  But we live in an imperfect world, so games like that will happen, I guess. 

o

(vs. TIGERS, 3/18)

Andrew Cashner threw 5 innings of 1-run ball on 77 Pitches. He ceded 0 Walks, and tallied 5 Strikeouts.

In his 5th and final inning of work, his fastball hit 94 MPH on the radar.

The offense was held hitless for the first 3 innings, and scoreless for the first 4 ........ they then exploded for 6 runs in the 5th, and finished the game with 14 runs overall.

o

Archived