Opening Day Online Sale

Going Underground

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was odd that there was no mention of how many tickets Birdland Members will be able to purchase. I would imagine renewal raters are way down, I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to buy more than the normal number of Opening Day tickets.

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

It was odd that there was no mention of how many tickets Birdland Members will be able to purchase. I would imagine renewal raters are way down, I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to buy more than the normal number of Opening Day tickets.

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I wonder how many Birdland Members will sell their tickets to Yankee fans?

Just now, Going Underground said:

I wonder how many Birdland Members will sell their tickets to Yankee fans?

Wouldn't most Yankee fans rather go on Saturday and Sunday when the tickets are much cheaper and they will pretty much have the stadium to themselves?

49 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Wouldn't most Yankee fans rather go on Saturday and Sunday when the tickets are much cheaper and they will pretty much have the stadium to themselves?

I know hotel rates that Thursday are higher than normal. I attributed it to the Yankees unless a convention is the cause. 

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

The Saturday and Sunday games are both prime games, so not that cheap either.It  is weird that they list Opening Day pricing under single tickets Then it says can only buy with a season plan.I guess to sell some season tickets. I was wondering if the price they list for Opening  Day is  the member price since you supposedly cant get tickets to that game as a single gane ticket?  I have a feeling they will be selling single game tickets for Opening Day. Upper box and upper reserve are only $2.00 to $3.00 difference between the days.

Site is trash. Stupid Ticketmaster, I don't know why they replaced the system they had before. I think my purchase went through but I never got to the confirmation page nor got a confirmation email. My credit card was charged and when I try to log back in it says I have a previous purchase, so I will keep my fingers crossed. When I try to log into the main account page to see whether the tickets are listed there it says there is a "back end error".

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Site is trash. Stupid Ticketmaster, I don't know why they replaced the system they had before. I think my purchase went through but I never got to the confirmation page nor got a confirmation email. My credit card was charged and when I try to log back in it says I have a previous purchase, so I will keep my fingers crossed. When I try to log into the main account page to see whether the tickets are listed there it says there is a "back end error".

Did you refresh or listen to what the screen said ?

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

They went to Ticketmaster because of the Billy Joel concert. All his concerts go through Ticketmaster. The prior ticket broker was a   subsidiary of  MLB.

Tickets.com, Inc. is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Did you refresh or listen to what the screen said ?

No, I didn't refresh, eventually it popped up. Although I think you should be able to click back through, I got back to the ticket selecting area multiple times. If I were you I would just refresh, I don't believe there actually is a line.

I got to the checkout screen, entered my credit card info and submitted my purchase and eventually it timed out, but like I said, my credit card was charged and it won't let me make another purchase, so I think it went through.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

No, I didn't refresh, eventually it popped up. Although I think you should be able to click back through, I got back to the ticket selecting area multiple times. If I were you I would just refresh, I don't believe there actually is a line.

Where you able to buy a certain amount of tickets based on your season plan amount? 

Just now, Going Underground said:

Where you able to buy a certain amount of tickets based on your season plan amount? 

Yeah, maxed at two tickets which is how many seats I have in my 29 game plan. It also said there was a max of 1 transaction as well.

Archived