Where is Jimmy Yacabonis

interloper

So far, he's only gotten into 2 games for 4 IP. Has not allowed a run. 5 K's.

Are they tinkering with him behind the scenes? Is he not in their plans/destined for minor league camp? Are there simply not enough innings until perhaps the second half of spring after cuts come?

Thoughts.

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

Are they tinkering with him behind the scenes? Is he not in their plans/destined for minor league camp? Are there simply not enough innings until perhaps the second half of spring after cuts come?

Thoughts.

Not enough innings. Hyde mentioned it last week and he has mainly been pitching the sim games.

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Thoughts.

He’ll make the team as a bullpen piece. Pitching sim games rather than actual games is a sign the decision is already made.

25 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

But we’ve given innings to dudes like Bo Schultz and other random non prospects. I’m hoping he’s just working on stuff. 

They’ve given innings to guys like that to evaluate them, I think they know what Yacabonis is.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

But we’ve given innings to dudes like Bo Schultz and other random non prospects. I’m hoping he’s just working on stuff. 

They are giving him starter innings instead of an inning here and there. His day to pitch fell on a day they didn't have innings for him in the game so he threw a sim game. I saw a picture of him pitching to Chris Davis. I'm guessing he struck out a lot during his sim game. :D

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

They are giving him starter innings instead of an inning here and there. His day to pitch fell on a day they didn't have innings for him in the game so he threw a sim game. I saw a picture of him pitching to Chris Davis. I'm guessing he struck out a lot during his sim game. :D

Perfect game with 27 strikeouts. A new record! ?

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Perfect game with 27 strikeouts. A new record! ?

There was a video of a few pitches from it. On one, Yacabonis threw one inside and Davis had to jump out of the way of it.

Either Jimmy was trying to establish the inside corner, or someone read the forums about the "have insurance cover Davis's contract" post. ?

54 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

There was a video of a few pitches from it. On one, Yacabonis threw one inside and Davis had to jump out of the way of it.

Either Jimmy was trying to establish the inside corner, or someone read the forums about the "have insurance cover Davis's contract" post. ?

Now I’m picturing a conversation between Hyde and Jimmy going something like this, “Jimmy I know you want to make the team, but I have a mission for you first.”

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

147see.jpg

I just got home, it’s late, I’m tired.    Figured I’d take a quick look at OH before bed.   Open this thread and start thinking, yea where is Jimmy.  And oh glad he is pitching sim games.   Then BAM this.    Maybe I am punchy but I came very close to literally having water come out my nose.     Hilarious.   

Archived