Why Pedro Arajuo shouldn’t make the OD roster

sportsfan8703

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

My main point is that he’s just not good. The point about him being picked up by another regime was just one of the 10+ supplementary points. 

In fairness you wrote four paragraphs and dedicated only half to how good he is. As far as I’m concerned, those last two paragraphs are the only two that matter, but your very first sentence would appear to indicate that who hired him means more to you than you’re letting on.

2 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

In fairness you wrote four paragraphs and dedicated only half to how good he is. As far as I’m concerned, those last two paragraphs are the only two that matter, but your very first sentence would appear to indicate that you think that who hired him means more to you than you’re letting on.

I just don’t think he’s worthy of a 40 man roster spot. Things have changed since we acquired him. 

I’m not even sure he was a DD guy. He was a Buck guy. Buck saw him in ST and liked him. I think we just have a bunch of better options now. I could have started out by trying to say he’s not very good, but I thought that was obvious. I thought we all viewed him as a project. 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

17 days in a rebuild year.  If he has a 1% chance of ever producing positive war in the majors it's worth putting him on the opening day roster.

I agree with this for the most part, but what if someone who is also controllable with a 2% chance at a positive WAR hits waivers. Then the choice is send Araujo back and add the waived player to the 40 man or keep Araujo.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

17 days in a rebuild year.  If he has a 1% chance of ever producing positive war in the majors it's worth putting him on the opening day roster.

Not a good standard. There will be dozens of pitchers available on the waiver wire who have a 1% chance to put up positive WAR in the majors. 

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I agree with this for the most part, but what if someone who is also controllable with a 2% chance at a positive WAR hits waivers. Then the choice is send Araujo back and add the waived player to the 40 man or keep Araujo.

Exactly.   

Archived