TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

So what's the outfield going to look like? Are we assuming Trumbo starts the season on the OD roster at this point?

Dwight Smith or EYJ have to be slated to make the team I would think, potentially both if Trumbo is IL'd for a week so he can get some additional at bats in the minors. Also opens up a potential spot for Escobar if they want to go with an extra infielder. 

The rule 5 guys become almost a lock.Elias did mention he will really be looking at the waiver wires now .Mentioned starting pitching. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Going Underground said:

The rule 5 guys become almost a lock.Elias did mention he will really be looking at the waiver wires now .Mentioned starting pitching. 

I always thought they were locks.  

I think your starting OF now is LF Mancini, CF Mullins, RF Rickard

OF Bench: EYJ, Drew Jackson (IF/OF).  

Nunez and Ruiz both make the team I think.  Escobar or Dwight Smith if Trumbo is IL'd.  

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Today's lineup is most likely the OD lineup except for Sisco at C. over Sucre

At this point the lineup looks pretty cut and dry. The pitching has been so terrible, I guess the could go a bunch of different directions. I do not like Hays getting sent down. Guess we’re rolling with something like this

Mullins, Villar, Trumbo, Davis, Mancini, Ruiz, Rickard, Sisco, Martin 

Sucre, Jackson, Nunez

Only spot “open” is one of Escobar/Alberto/EY JR/Smith Jr

I guess we had to do this. But so much for OF defense. So much for the young guys. Nunez will lose ABs to Trumbo/Davis. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

At this point the lineup looks pretty cut and dry. The pitching has been so terrible, I guess the could go a bunch of different directions. I do not like Hays getting sent down. Guess we’re rolling with something like this

Mullins, Villar, Trumbo, Davis, Mancini, Ruiz, Rickard, Sisco, Martin 

Sucre, Jackson, Nunez

Only spot “open” is one of Escobar/Alberto/EY JR/Smith Jr

I guess we had to do this. But so much for OF defense. So much for the young guys. Nunez will lose ABs to Trumbo/Davis. 

We don't need Escobar, We do need a LH OF bat to platoon with Rickard in RF. Smith?

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Smith. EY has had the better ST, but obviously that doesn’t matter much. EY requires a 40 man roster move.  

Smith is younger and has more upside. I don’t know why they would not use him at this point.  

Young seems like a great guy but he isn’t the type we should be playing. He is well past his prime.  

40 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Smith is younger and has more upside. I don’t know why they would not use him at this point.  

Young seems like a great guy but he isn’t the type we should be playing. He is well past his prime.  

Intangibles. He’s a great base stealer and embraces the mentor role to younger players. 

Archived