TT: Opening Day roster starting to take shape, but questions remain

Tony-OH

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Mullins is the OD CF.  I think Hays gets sent to the minors (wildcard has a stroke) and Mullins gets whatever amount of time to show if he can hack it or not in CF until the time comes to call up Hays when they're done playing the clock game.  

Isn't Wildcard in favor of gaming service time?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Mullins is the OD CF.  I think Hays gets sent to the minors (wildcard has a stroke) and Mullins gets whatever amount of time to show if he can hack it or not in CF until the time comes to call up Hays when they're done playing the clock game.  

I don’t understand playing Santander Opening Day over Stewart unless they see something they really think is real with Santander. He did nothing at AA last year. I know they tweaked some mechanics with his swing but still. 

They need to give Mullins a real long look before they move him off CF. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t understand playing Santander Opening Day over Stewart unless they see something they really think is real with Santander. He did nothing at AA last year. I know they tweaked some mechanics with his swing but still. 

They need to give Mullins a real long look before they move him off CF. 

I think Santander was hurt a lot last year.  I've never been a big Stewart fan but I still think RF is up for grabs.  Until Diaz is ready or they put Hays there.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Santander was hurt a lot last year.  I've never been a big Stewart fan but I still think RF is up for grabs.  Until Diaz is ready or they put Hays there.  

I am not saying Stewart is anything special but he is older and has played a full year at AAA. Just think this is his time.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

I am not saying Stewart is anything special but he is older and has played a full year at AAA. Just think this is his time.  

I get it.  I'm not excited about either one of them but I like that Santander has mashed this spring.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm a little bummed my off-season extreme longshot didn't come through.

?

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I get it.  I'm not excited about either one of them but I like that Santander has mashed this spring.

?

If Santander turns out to be a decent player that will be like found money.    He definitely has some power, if he can get his bat on the ball.    

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

?

Santander I think has a higher upside. I would be happy with a part time DH/ OF role. 

I can’t see him being a good OF with his body type moving forward. Stewart is thick but moves much better.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

Santander I think has a higher upside. I would be happy with a part time DH/ OF role. 

I can’t see him being a good OF with his body type moving forward.  . Stewart is thick but moves much better.  

Yeah, Stewart is a bad body athlete.  Doesn't look like he should be able to move like he can, but he does.  

I'm glad there are some tough decisions to be made this spring.  

Archived