Is Drew Jackson more than a utility player?

wildcard

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is Hyde going to run his starters out there for 160 games?

Seems like he likes to move players around.   I would guess that if he has more than nine players that can contribute he would keep them all involved.

This is what I wrote about him for my Rule 5 preference list and my opinion hasn’t shifted other than more comfortable with him seeing time in CF.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/12/10/lukes-2018-rule-5-draft-preference-list/

Jackson has some impressive tools for a Rule 5 eligible player. He has a cannon for an arm and plus speed. He can handle 3B/SS/2B and has even spent some time in CF. Jackson has dealt with a significant swing overhaul and a handful of nagging injuries which have slowed his progress. I’m not sure he’ll be able to make enough contact against MLB pitching, but there is some upside here if he does.”

Ryan Flaherty had a .971 OPS in his first 70 regular season PA last year.    Just tell yourself that every time you get excited over spring training statistics.    

That said, Jackson has shown a lot this spring.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Ryan Flaherty had a .971 OPS in his first 70 regular season PA last year.    Just tell yourself that every time you get excited over spring training statistics.    

That said, Jackson has shown a lot this spring.   

He led the National League. 

He was my pick for our #1 in the Rule 5. I was happy with Martin too. From everything I have seen so far, he looks like a great pick.

Has anyone watched him play CF?

Bottom line, Mullins, Martin, and Nunez are all flawed players. The odds are even if they start the year as starters, at least one will lose his job.

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not making any conclusions based on ST.

I understand your reluctance, but good heavens, isn’t that what spring training is for in the first place? 

You HAVE To make conclusions based on spring training, At least regarding guys with exactly zero previous experience in your organization.

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

This is what I wrote about him for my Rule 5 preference list and my opinion hasn’t shifted other than more comfortable with him seeing time in CF.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/12/10/lukes-2018-rule-5-draft-preference-list/

Jackson has some impressive tools for a Rule 5 eligible player. He has a cannon for an arm and plus speed. He can handle 3B/SS/2B and has even spent some time in CF. Jackson has dealt with a significant swing overhaul and a handful of nagging injuries which have slowed his progress. I’m not sure he’ll be able to make enough contact against MLB pitching, but there is some upside here if he does.”

What quality of pitching has he been facing?

Archived