3rd round of cuts

wildcard

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Philip said:

How long does he work on stuff before we accept that he is what he is?

By what he is, you mean the 4th best pitcher on the team by FIP and the best pitcher on the team by xFIP?

Also, as to the how long part, he could take another 4 whole years and still be younger than when Bleier made his MLB debut.

With a k/9 of 9.49 and bb/9 of 1.46 both of which are among the best in the team especially among guys that have thrown as many innings. Even though he’s giving up a high number of  homeruns 5 Yefry  Ramirez should stick. If Hess is still competing for a spot in the rotation so should Ramirez. He’s looked better than Hess this spring.

9 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

By what he is, you mean the 4th best pitcher on the team by FIP and the best pitcher on the team by xFIP?

Also, as to the how long part, he could take another 4 whole years and still be younger than when Bleier made his MLB debut.

That’s sad, because he’s bad. If He is really the fourth best pitcher on this team, it doesn’t mean he’s good, but everyone else is really terrible. Because he’s not good. He can throw hard but that’s all.

well, no, he’s not bad, he’s just horribly inconsistent, and an undependable reliever is not an asset.

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

That’s sad, because he’s bad. If He is really the fourth best pitcher on this team, it doesn’t mean he’s good, but everyone else is really terrible. Because he’s not good. He can throw hard but that’s all.

well, no, he’s not bad, he’s just horribly inconsistent, and an undependable reliever is not an asset.

He's good enough for this team. 

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I think his slider had one of the highest whiff rates in the majors, not sure how that’s “throws hard but that’s all”.

I just think it’s wild that the Orioles had a rookie reliever with a top 20 K rate in baseball and people aren’t excited about him.

1 hour ago, jrobb21613 said:

With a k/9 of 9.49 and bb/9 of 1.46 both of which are among the best in the team especially among guys that have thrown as many innings. Even though he’s giving up a high number of  homeruns 5 Yefry  Ramirez should stick. If Hess is still competing for a spot in the rotation so should Ramirez. He’s looked better than Hess this spring.

IMO Hess hurt is chances to make the rotation yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I think his slider had one of the highest whiff rates in the majors, not sure how that’s “throws hard but that’s all”.

I just think it’s wild that the Orioles had a rookie reliever with a top 20 K rate in baseball and people aren’t excited about him.

I'm excited about Diaz and Scott.   That doesn't mean they are ready for the majors.

14 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

The outoutfield is rather amazing to me.  None of the candidates have fallen off.  And the battle between Jace and drew is real too.

Drew has an advantage.  He is on the 40 man roster.  Peterson is not.

Archived