Where do you see the catching competition?

Rene88

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Sisco and  Sucre.  Sisco is already as max service time and they lose Sucre if they don't kept him on the team.  They allows they to keep Perez, Cervenka, Wynns and Susac at AAA and AA.

Pérez does not have an opt out, does he?

Wynns needs to be healthy. No reason to lose a player on the 40 to keep Sucre. I think Perez will accept a position back in AAA. I believe Sucre can opt out pretty soon. Before OD. I say we gamble a little and try and roll with Wynns. 2/3 of Sucre, Perez, and Susac end up in AAA. Plus there will be get C available as well if we get in a pinch. 

Bottomline, why DFA a player to keep Sucre?  We’re staring down 100 loss season. Wynns has two weeks to get healthy. 

Sucre and Wynns, if Wynns gets healthy in time.

Sisco to AAA based on the Hays model. .696 OPS there last year. That won't be enough, and no amount of good ST ABs can save him. He needs to show he can hang in AAA for Elias to give him a shot I think. 

Perez looks good but needs to be added to the 40-man, as does Sucre. Adding both is a tough ask right now, as Elias is hesitant to DFA. I expect Alberto and Wilkerson to be eventually DFA'd though. 

Archived