Let's guess the bullpen

interloper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I just think the explanation for Ruiz being sent down is much simpler than any service time conplexities.    Nunez is out of options, and Ruiz isn’t.   Martin and Jackson have to make the team or be put through waivers and offered back to their original clubs.    So Ruiz is the odd man out.   

They could go with a 4 man bench and keep Ruiz if they wanted to.   Sucre, Jackson, Ruiz and Smith.  Heck I would start Ruiz at 3B over Nunez.   But I don't think the care about winning and I think they care more about service time.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

It has not happened yet. Its my guess based on the way Elias is treating players with service time issues.   Sorry if I miss led you into thinking  he was already sent down.

I missed this, and had assumed from your earlier post that Ruiz already was sent down.    So that makes your service time theory even more speculative than I realized.    I guess we will see how things play out.     

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I missed this, and had assumed from your earlier post that Ruiz already was sent down.    So that makes your service time theory even more speculative than I realized.    I guess we will see how things play out.     

Nunez has a sore right arm. I think they might stash him on the DL for a few weeks.Keep Escobar or Peterson.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Hyde and Elias put little stock in ST numbers. Wildcard uses each start to form his opinions.  Their is a disconnect there. David Hess resembled a ML starter last year.  Outside of his first 3 ML starts, Mike Wright never has. And yet, because Hess got bombed in his last start he currently has Mike Wright and Jason Rogers with an edge over Mike Wright.  Great poster like Frobby said.  Over the top sometimes.  This is one of those times.

I think Wright gets a chance simply because he has no options. Let him start while Araujo is fulfilling his time, then when awe send down Araujo, we can put Wright in the pen and call up whoever has excelled at Norfolk, or dump Wright completely and call up two fresh arms.

Back to the bullpen, Givens, Castro, Bleier, and Fry are locks. Looks like they like Karns as a high K 1-inning guy, which we really need. I think he is near lock. I think they try to keep Araujo after making it this far.

The rotation is currently set up: Bundy, Hess, Cobb, Wright, Cashner.

Rogers last pitched on Hess's day, Means on Cobb's day, not sure what to read into that.

That leaves one spot for Scott, Rogers, Means, Yacabonis and Phillips. I think Scott and Phillips are better as 1-inning guys but we need a long guy to back up the starters. Tough call between Means, Rogers, and Yacabonis. Probably go with a lefty, sorry Yac. I'm going to go with Means for the last spot on a coin flip, but I think he did slightly better in AAA.

Archived