3/22 Cut(s)

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'm not joking. Try looking at facts.

Santander had an injury and wasn't going to be ready for the first month. He still played in the Spring but the Orioles wanted that extra roster spot in the meantime and knew it would take longer than 10 days to get him healthy.

Same deal with Trumbo. He isn't healthy and 20 days (10 from Opening Day then 10 day IL) won't magically make him able to bat, run, and play the field. Plus, he would come back during warmer weather, like it was pointed out, might help the knee too.

60 day Trumbo, get a roster spot. 

I doubt that it happens.  Trumbo does not need to field.  He should be projected for sometime in late April, early May.   We just disagree on this one.  It happens.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I doubt that it happens.  Trumbo does not need to field.  He should be projected for sometime in late April, early May.   We just disagree on this one.  It happens.

I don’t think Trumbo will be on the IL for any significant length of time, if at all.    I’d expect 10 days to begin the season, at most.    Maybe nothing at all.   He’s been playing for 10 days or so and his knee has been responding well.     He’s playing again today.    I don’t really buy the idea that colder weather makes a big diffference here.    If he would be ready for a regular season game in Florida, then he’s ready for one in NY.     But it may be that the O’s will be just a little cautious not to rush him and his debut could be delayed slightly, especially since it makes other roster decisions easier temporarily.   

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I'm with you Wildcard. Trumbo is already batting and running, such as it is. Never going to see the field.  He's reported no problems the day after he's played. If he was put on the 60 day, or evel the 10 day, he's not going to sit for a month. This isn't an injury that is going to heal with rest. In fact it will never really "heal" for Mark.

Putting him on the 60 just to grab a roster spot would really border on dirty pool imo. I can't imagine Trumbo or his agent would be very happy at all if they did it.

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I'm with you Wildcard. Trumbo is already batting and running, such as it is. Never going to see the field.  He's reported no problems the day after he's played. If he was put on the 60 day, or evel the 10 day, he's not going to sit for a month. This isn't an injury that is going to heal with rest. In fact it will never really "heal" for Mark.

Putting him on the 60 just to grab a roster spot would really border on dirty pool imo. I can't imagine Trumbo or his agent would be very happy at all if they did it.

Trumbo is batting 2nd tonight. Let's see if he stays in the game after reaching base or is pulled for a pinch-runner.

4 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Trumbo is batting 2nd tonight. Let's see if he stays in the game after reaching base or is pulled for a pinch-runner.

He has to try out the base paths one of these times. Would be a pre-requisite to going North.

Archived