Cobb pulled from game with right groin soreness.

Frobby

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChuckS said:

Sisco pulled after one at bat too.  Injury?

I wouldn't necessarily assume the worst with a tight groin.  Better than his shoulder or elbow. 

No, he had a single and a walk, and was taken out in the 6th along with two other defensive changes (Bostic for Mancini in LF, Mountcastle for Davis at 1B).

Pretty standard in spring training to take a bunch of guys out around the 6th inning.

Not saying he can't be hurt but I see nothing unusual about his being pulled.

Renato Nunez Home run.

He just missed one foul.

Kevin Brown:  "That is the launch angle of the spring for Renato Nunez.   Way up in the air and way gone over the 366 sign in right center field.   The biceps seem just fine, thank you very much".

Then Susac hits a line drive single on the first pitch.

This is vs Twins reliever Taylor Rogers.

So who gets the ball on opening day? Rogers and Means aren't stretched out. Yacobonis backed up Cobb today but has been pretty terrible. Give Wright an extra day of rest and have him take Cobb's spot? Or Means (who backed up Wright's last start)? Or someone not yet on the 40 man who was stretched out for Norfolk (Ynoa?)

They are currently slotted Cobb (Yacobonis)---Cashner-Bundy-Hess-Wright (Means).

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

So who gets the ball on opening day? Rogers and Means aren't stretched out. Yacobonis backed up Cobb today but has been pretty terrible. Give Wright an extra day of rest and have him take Cobb's spot? Or Means (who backed up Wright's last start)? Or someone not yet on the 40 man who was stretched out for Norfolk (Ynoa?)

They are currently slotted Cobb (Yacobonis)---Cashner-Bundy-Hess-Wright (Means).

I’m telling you I would use an opener. Maybe Phillips.

It didn’t work but the A’s did it last year in a playoff game. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I’m telling you I would use an opener. Maybe Phillips.

It didn’t work but the A’s did it last year in a playoff game. 

Not a bad idea. We really have nothing to lose this year. Phillips could be a good choice but he has to make the team first!

11 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mike Wright as opening day pitcher would be a new low.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Not a bad idea. We really have nothing to lose this year. Phillips could be a good choice but he has to make the team first!

My thoughts are they have Cashner and Bundy lined up to start the 2nd and 3rd games. 

Off day Friday. Plus pen is already fresh since it’s start of season.   

If they don’t pitch well you only pitch 8 innings.  

I would rather Wright face Jays in a different environment.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

My thoughts are they have Cashner and Bundy lined up to start the 2nd and 3rd games. 

Off day Friday. Plus pen is already fresh since it’s start of season.   

If they don’t pitch well you only pitch 8 innings.  

I would rather Wright face Jays in a different environment.  

Might I suggest a high gravity world so the ball won't carry as well?

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

We will be lucky to win 50 games now...

Goodness you folks are dramatic. Are we concerned with W/L this year? Is Cobb missing a few weeks the difference between 50 and 60 wins? Yes, I want to see us win games this year but I couldn’t care less about Cobb missing Opening Day. Hays is the only one that concerns me. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Might I suggest a high gravity world so the ball won't carry as well?

If you can make it happen.....

I just have thoughts of Wright for an Opening Day start not working out so well. Let him face the Jays in an early April weekday, low attendance game. 

I know we aren’t going to be any good but I would like to have a solid first 10 days. We will have plenty of season to show how bad we are. Plus I would love seeing the NY papers complain about the Orioles beating them.  

Archived