Opening Day Analytics in Orioles 7-2 loss to Yankees

Tony-OH

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That could be an actual game. On what pitch faced will Davis actually register an EV.

I think the next two starters for the Yankees are southpaws. So I’m going with the Blue Jays series. 

Davis also played well in Toronto before the wheels came off the past few years. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Yeah and in a weird way I'm ok with that if Davis is one of them.  I expect Martin and either C to struggle.  And if Davis continues to do so, whatever - just more proof. 

I turned on the Diamondbacks game for a minute to get a glimpse of Jonesy and Zach Grienke came up to bat and the stat came up on the screen that he had a career .570 OPS.  Then you think Chris Davis had a .539 OPS last year.  Take that in for a moment.  And his career strike out pace is about half as much as Davis'.  

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

5 swing and misses on 75 pitches is pathetic.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find a worse rate anywhere all season long, unless it's from Cashner himself, of course.

Especially against a team with Judge, Stanton, Torres and Bird who swing and miss all the time. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Especially against a team with Judge, Stanton, Torres and Bird who swing and miss all the time. 

That, and strikeouts are just at an all time high in MLB history.  Yeah those guys swing and miss a lot but so do a lot of others.  Casher is terrible.  We'll see him do something like this again.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know, at some point they call up Tate right?

I dunno, maybe.  Tate doesn't seem to be registering anywhere near the top of the prospect list, so perhaps not.  But coming from a rookie, it'd be understandable.  I am not sure how Cashner is still around.

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

5 swing and misses on 75 pitches is pathetic.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find a worse rate anywhere all season long, unless it's from Cashner himself, of course.

Smaller sample size, but Wright got just one in 19 pitches. Still a worse ratio though.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Smaller sample size, but Wright got just one in 19 pitches. Still a worse ratio though.

Yeah, well...not surprising, coming from Wright.

Smaller sample size, true.  I guess maybe I should have qualified it for pitchers with 70+ pitches in a start or something.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I dunno, maybe.  Tate doesn't seem to be registering anywhere near the top of the prospect list, so perhaps not.  But coming from a rookie, it'd be understandable.  I am not sure how Cashner is still around.

I told everyone it was a bad idea to sign him.

My conscience is clean.

Archived