Long lines at security checkpoints frustrate Orioles fans at home opener

Going Underground

8 minutes ago, weams said:

They'll cater to those 9000 more? Play NY NY after the Game?  Have thin crust Pizza dripping with grease? 

Between New York and Boston for the 19 games,that is about 200,000 extra fans or more that you would not get .Nice extra revenue with tickets and concessions. So no local vendor,just Fenway Franks and Sabrett Hot Dogs I also think no print at home option for most of the tickets might have also made the line move slower.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

And pay $5 to get them printed at the box office.  You can no longer print from home.  

They should let you print at home.  They are going to lose the few fans they have left.  In prior years it is the few fans using their phones slowing lines down.  Now every is required to use their phone?  What a load of nonsense.

10 hours ago, beantownrefugee said:

Best to open the app at home (or at least prior to arriving at the ballpark, and having to share Wifi or your cell carrier's signal with thousands of others), and take a screenshot of the bar code.  When you get to the gate, then just open up your Gallery and bring up the screenshot.  Eliminates the need for the app to open at the gate.

I did this for my rail pass in England. They don’t know whether it’s a pdf or jpg. They just scan it and you’re good to go. 

11 hours ago, weams said:

There is no real search occuring., THey just really looking for visible liquor. And the metal detectors are not often really operational.  Shame we have to go through this, but it is at least a show piece for the league. 

The metal detectors are not often fully operational? Interesting. I’m trying to avoid this happening. Again. 

Reading through this thread makes me sort of sad....when I was a kid and a young adult you just went in at Memorial Stadium.   No screen shots, no WiFi not working, no bag searches, no lines keeping you out of the park,,  no Clearme technology....Get a ticket, walk through the turnstile....that was it.   

Technology has helped us in many ways, but in many ways, the experience of our activities has worsened as a result.   Either way it certainly makes going to the Yard MUCH less appealing. If I had come all the way in from out of state where I live and then couldn’t get in till the third inning...that would have been my last game attended for quite a while. .  

19 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Reading through this thread makes me sort of sad....when I was a kid and a young adult you just went in at Memorial Stadium.   No screen shots, no WiFi not working, no bag searches, no lines keeping you out of the park,,  no Clearme technology....Get a ticket, walk through the turnstile....that was it.   

Technology has helped us in many ways, but in many ways, the experience of our activities has worsened as a result.   Either way it certainly makes going to the Yard MUCH less appealing. If I had come all the way in from out of state where I live and then couldn’t get in till the third inning...that would have been my last game attended for quite a while. .  

If you'll remember, the rift with William Grover Hagy occured when they stopped him from bringing in his full size coolers. 

6 minutes ago, weams said:

If you'll remember, the rift with William Grover Hagy occured when they stopped him from bringing in his full size coolers. 

Beginning of the end....lol.   When I was a kid, I remembered how much alcohol my Dad and fellow Colt Corral members would bring in....lol.  Enough to float a battleship.  

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Beginning of the end....lol.   When I was a kid, I remembered how much alcohol my Dad and fellow Colt Corral members would bring in....lol.  Enough to float a battleship.  

And a lot of them probably drive themselves home.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

And a lot of them probably drive themselves home.

Actually every Colts game I went with my Dad was on a chartered school bus that the Colts Corral would rent and had a driver and would leave Brooklyn Park to go to the Stadium....early designated driving....now Brooklyn Park parking lot  back to home?  Well, fortunately it was only a couple miles...lol. 

24 minutes ago, weams said:

It's hard to get in Wild Bill mode without being smashed.  I thinks it's for the best they dont let you bring your own beer in anymore.  But the Bleachers were fun back in Memorial Stadium days with the beer flowing freely.

Coolers were not just for the folks who brought alcohol.  We always went as a family and had our own sandwiches, drinks etc.  Double headers against my father's favorite team the Cleveland Indians.  I hated the smoke, and everyone seemed to smoke.  Dad did not but mom did.

I would recommend in the future they have security walk the line checking bags to speed up the process. During the time the attendant could also help anyone who might be having trouble with the mobile ticket option because I’m sure lots of people don’t know exactly how to do it. They need to be more proactive.

Archived