A Little Perspective

Camden_yardbird

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Rich Dauer never hit 50 homers on multiple occasions. 

Rich Dauer didn’t hit 50 homers, period.    43 in his major league career.  Dauer also struck out the same number of times in his career as Davis did in 2016 alone (219).     

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weams said:

Rick Dempsey 12 World Series hits.

Mike Trout 0

Both MVPs though. One in the World Series and one in the regular season.   Dempsey with 2 rings and Trout with not a playoff victory. 

Dempey saves his big OPS for the post-season. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Rich Dauer didn’t hit 50 homers, period.    43 in his major league career.  Dauer also struck out the same number of times in his career as Davis did in 2016 alone (219).     

Davis has more career WAR at the moment but I expect before the All Star break Dauer will have more. 

Just now, atomic said:

Davis has more career WAR at the moment but I expect before the All Star break Dauer will have more. 

You may be right about that.    I hope Davis won’t get enough opportunities to lose that much ground (1.1 WAR differential right now).    But he might.   They haven’t tabulated WAR to date for 2019 yet, but I’d guess he’s down quite a bit already.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You may be right about that.    I hope Davis won’t get enough opportunities to lose that much ground (1.1 WAR differential right now).    But he might.   They haven’t tabulated WAR to date for 2019 yet, but I’d guess he’s down quite a bit already.  

His negative 38 OPS+ can't be helping his WAR. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fangraphs has him at -.3.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Homers alone is a poor way to judge players.  Dave Kingman had a lot of homers but I wouldn't have wanted him on the Orioles teams of the 70's.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Probably not.   

This thread has much more meaning when looking at guys who are struggling like Mullins, Martin, Wright, Bundy, etc. Or guys who are playing over their heads, like Villar or Mancini. 

Basically, anybody except Davis.

Archived