Aaron Altherr DFA'd

wildcard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Why not bring up Williams then? If he is better than Rickard. I really don’t know anything about Altherr. I’d rather the team see what they already have than sign a player from another team that been DFA.

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Why not bring up Williams then? If he is better than Rickard. I really don’t know anything about Altherr. I’d rather the team see what they already have than sign a player from another team that been DFA.

Altherr has had two season where he was over an 800 OPS in the majors.  That is what I see as attractive.  Maybe Don Long could fit him.

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So still a no then. Let Rickard play CF. 

He is 28 years old (only 4 months older than Rickard) and hit .272/.340/.516 in 2017. Those are numbers Rickard could only dream of. He is an ideal rehab project on a team that has nothing to play for. If he bounces back anywhere near his 2017 level he would have a ton of trade value as he is arbitration eligible for two more season after this one.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He is 28 years old (only 4 months older than Rickard) and hit .272/.340/.516 in 2017. Those are numbers Rickard could only dream of. He is an ideal rehab project on a team that has nothing to play for. If he bounces back anywhere near his 2017 level he would have a ton of trade value as he is arbitration eligible for two more season after this one.

Not interested in a 28 years old player whose career has been extremely uneven and isn’t a plus defender in CF. 

8 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't think a couple of good months will translate into a ton of trade value.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think a couple of good months will translate into a ton of trade value.

He is arbitration eligible for another two years. I don't think six weeks is going to do it (nor do I think he is likely to rediscover his form in six weeks), but whether it is this offseason or next trade deadline he could certainly offer trade value and is much more likely to do so than Joey Rickard. If he is terrible with consistent at-bats for the rest of the season then non-tender him, but if your best alternative is Joey Rickard, then I would go with the guy who has had success at the Major League level.

Just now, MurphDogg said:

He is arbitration eligible for another two years. I don't think six weeks is going to do it (nor do I think he is likely to rediscover his form in six weeks), but whether it is this offseason or next trade deadline he could certainly offer trade value and is much more likely to do so than Joey Rickard.

Sure, more than Rickard.

Archived