Bruce Zimmermann 2019

weams

Hey Mr. Slade, great to hear from you!    I hope you’ll give us your evaluation of some of the other Bowie players since you’re apparently seeing a lot of them, and I’ve always found your scouting reports very insightful.   

And, it’s cool to learn that Bruce Zimmermann is your cousin and former teammate.    He seems to be flying slightly under the radar but that may not last long.    Let’s hope he enjoys continued success this season!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Hey Mr. Slade, great to hear from you!    I hope you’ll give us your evaluation of some of the other Bowie players since you’re apparently seeing a lot of them, and I’ve always found your scouting reports very insightful.   

And, it’s cool to learn that Bruce Zimmermann is your cousin and former teammate.    He seems to be flying slightly under the radar but that may not last long.    Let’s hope he enjoys continued success this season!

Yes that is the plan. I’ll be at most of his home starts so I’ll be taking some video of other players on the team and doing some write ups 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pretty sure we decided that velocity is the least important thing for a pitcher.

Everyone else seemed pretty adamant about it.

I purposely stayed out of that, I don’t have time to beat my head against the wall.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

You’re right, you don’t, there is hard data on your side.

Yup, Koby Allard would be up in the bigs with Mike Soroka if velocity didn't matter.  Allard looked like a sure thing before he lost a few ticks.  Btw, Soroka is absurdly good.  

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Zimmerman has pitched in 18 games, all starts, at AA ball.  I have no problem with letting him get some more experience at that level.

He's got almost 100 innings in Double A and he's been dominant this season.  I think given his advanced age and performance a promotion should be on the horizon.  

41 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He's got almost 100 innings in Double A and he's been dominant this season.  I think given his advanced age and performance a promotion should be on the horizon.  

I think he's been good, not dominant.  He's averaged 5+ innings per start.  Again, not dominant.  And, he's not on the 40 man, yet.

Having said that, a promotion at some point this season won't surprise me.

10 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think he's been good, not dominant.  He's averaged 5+ innings per start.  Again, not dominant.  And, he's not on the 40 man, yet.

Having said that, a promotion at some point this season won't surprise me.

How often do any minor league pitchers go six innings plus?  It's rare.  I wouldn't hold that against them.  All of these guys are limited to around 5 innings a start. 

His stuff may not be dominant, but his 2.25 ERA and .207 BAA is.