At the quarter mark...

Frobby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next quarter should be interesting:

• Does Cobb come back strong and injury-free?
  • Does Trumbo make it back? Probably not in the next quarter, but if he ever does it will be a tough roster decision.
  • Do we see call ups of anyone like Sisco, Stewart, or Hays?
  • Do we see a Givens trade?
  • Does Martin get it going a little bit? 
  • Can Nunez get hot again?

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

If you bet someone three weeks ago that Davis would have more RBI'S then Mancini with 50 less at bats at the quarter pole you would have been rich.The two veterans picked up to start have been bad and or injured.Karns and Strally.Dwight Smith Jr.has been really good so far but still less then two months.I remember a few years back the Orioles had a player who was leading the AL in hitting for two months and faded badly.He then went to the Phillies. Cant remember his name.Ruiz has been decent.Alberto will be what he is,not good.Still think a 62 or so win team. Because more bad teams this year and some might make more trades and get even worse.

They are on a pace for 56 wins. There schedule gets harder the next 11 games against teams with winning records for example  My over/under is 52 wins. That would be a .333 winning percentage.  I think they are worse than 52 wins unless they bring Mountcastle and others up I don't see them having better than .333 winning percentage. 

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I expected this team to be way worse, but with some positive surprises highlighted in the OP it's much more appealing than last years bunch.  

Have you watched more games this year than last year?

57 minutes ago, interloper said:

The next quarter should be interesting:

• Does Cobb come back strong and injury-free?
  • Does Trumbo make it back? Probably not in the next quarter, but if he ever does it will be a tough roster decision.
  • Do we see call ups of anyone like Sisco, Stewart, or Hays?
  • Do we see a Givens trade?
  • Does Martin get it going a little bit? 
  • Can Nunez get hot again?

I'm not getting my hopes up about Cobb.

Trumbo coming back would be a damper on everything.  Makes roster flexibility way harder. 

I'm really curious to see how Davis continues, actually.  Never thought I'd be saying that.

Last season we opened with a brutal schedule, and quickly proved that we weren't up to it. That crew was a study in failure.

This season the schedule isn't is tough and the talent level isn't as high, but the team competes in most games and is more interesting to watch.

57 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

They're bad, like we knew they'd be, but so far not embarrassingly history-making bad, like some feared they'd be.

With the exception of a couple of blowouts, they have been in most games.

I wasnt expecting World Series, and the record does not surprise me, but the overall play to be is easier to partake than last season.

50 minutes ago, atomic said:

They are on a pace for 56 wins. There schedule gets harder the next 11 games against teams with winning records for example  My over/under is 52 wins. That would be a .333 winning percentage.  I think they are worse than 52 wins unless they bring Mountcastle and others up I don't see them having better than .333 winning percentage. 

54 wins is .333.    

Archived