Broxton up. Rickard down.

Natty

49 minutes ago, Philip said:

You mean on defense?

So does Wilkerson shift over to a corner? Or does he go back to being an infield back up? I think he hits well enough to play every day at this time, so I would just as soon Put him on a corner, if that’s an easy transition to make

He is playing right field tonight. He made more starts there than in center in the minors...

34 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He is playing right field tonight. He made more starts there than in center in the minors...

Yes, I just saw that. I think the lineup tonight is probably the best we have available....Except for the guy on the mound, but I suppose eight out of nine isn’t bad.

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes, I just saw that. I think the lineup tonight is probably the best we have available....Except for the guy on the mound, but I suppose eight out of nine isn’t bad.

I'm interested in seeing how Means does in Colorado with his pitching repertoire.

Just don't expect him to hit for average. He's all power and can use all fields, but he's unlikely to hit .250. I hope he can get back to taking walks as well, but he certainly has the power.

59 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Just don't expect him to hit for average. He's all power and can use all fields, but he's unlikely to hit .250. I hope he can get back to taking walks as well, but he certainly has the power.

I’m mostly concerned with him playing above average defense.    He’s got to hit better than Mullins did.   And he can probably outhit Rickard.   

4 hours ago, Philip said:

What does the one offer over the other? Neither hits well, but each defends OK. I’m not complaining about the switch, just wondering what value the new guy has that the old guy doesn’t.

Rickard is a below average defender by most metrics, not a great hit tool, middling power with maybe above average speed. 

Broxton is a dynamic defender, with legitimate power, plus-speed, a plus athlete with horrible contact skills.  

Broxton is the type of player a rebuilding team can give at-bats to and see what happens.  Rickard is the type of player for some reason Baltimore fans seem to adore despite the fact there's nothing there that screams major league starter even if he put everything together. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m mostly concerned with him playing above average defense.    He’s got to hit better than Mullins did.   And he can probably outhit Rickard.   

Reassigned to Tides Fleet Command.

5 hours ago, awannabegeek said:

Rickard is the type of player for some reason Baltimore fans seem to adore despite the fact there's nothing there that screams major league starter even if he put everything together. 

Rickard is the kind of player I can clap my hands and yell “alright! Lil’ Joey Baseball” while he’s batting.

Rickard 1 Broxton 0

Archived