There Are Rumblings That the O's Will Not Take Rutschman

Greg Pappas

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, weams said:

Again, I have not explained myself well.  Many teams have spent overslot on a pick. And sacrificed elsewhere to fund it. 

Of course they do.  So the teams that get ahead are the ones that out-plan, out-scout and out-draft - which is what I posted and what you disagreed with.

1 minute ago, hoosiers said:

Of course they do.  So the teams that get ahead are the ones that out-plan, out-scout and out-draft - which is what I posted and what you disagreed with.

I still disagree. Sometimes the ones that end up on top out lucky the rest.  I don't know what you mean by out draft BTW. 

53 minutes ago, weams said:

Should we trade for a competitive balance pick that gives us a pick before #42? If we're going to spend less on 1:1, why not increase the number of early picks we have to optimize our chances of landing an impact player?

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

Should we trade for a competitive balance pick that gives us a pick before #42? If we're going to spend less on 1:1, why not increase the number of early picks we have to optimize our chances of landing an impact player?

What would the cost of that be?

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They generally are not for trade.

Honestly, you are all over the place.  First, it's about funding and now it's about "out lucky the rest"?

To out-draft is to end of with better prospects based on either scouting or planning.  Out-planning or out-gaming another team is coming up with the best combination of prospects based on your draft pool.

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Does our spending cap change if we acquire another competitive balance pick?

10 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Honestly, you are all over the place.  First, it's about funding and now it's about "out lucky the rest"?

To out-draft is to end of with better prospects based on either scouting or planning.  Out-planning or out-gaming another team is coming up with the best combination of prospects based on your draft pool.

And the timeline for analyzing this is a few years? Or is it the self congratulatory back slap the day after? I disagreed with two comments you made about the hard work and out drafting. I am not in disagreement with you about some teams appearing to be consistently better at this than the Orioles have been.  I believe having a bigger pool to spend can help a team maybe more so than having more boots on the ground.  So I think that brings it all in for a landing. Mo Money. Less Problems. 

Archived