player-headshot
Bats: L
Class: HS SR
Height: 6' 3
Pick Value: $1.77m
Throws: R
DOB: 06/29/01
Weight: 195

Though Henderson was named the Alabama Independent School Association boys basketball player of the year for 2018-19 after averaging 17 points and 11 rebounds per game for Morgan Academy (Selma, Ala.), he has a considerably brighter future on the diamond. Rated as a potential top-three-rounds pick entering 2019, he has boosted his stock as he has shown more strength and quickness as a senior. He's Auburn's top recruit but unlikely to make it college and join his older brother Jackson on the Tigers. One of the better hitters in this year's high school class, Henderson produces a lot of hard contact from gap to gap. He has shown more bat speed from the left side of the plate this spring and his power is catching up to his hitting ability as he continues to add muscle to his 6-foot-3 frame. He has been a little faster this year as well, more consistently recording above-average run times. There's still some debate as to where Henderson will wind up defensively. Those who think he can remain at shortstop believe he's an underrated athlete with a quick first step and a plus arm. Others believe he'll slow down as he fills out and necessitate a move to third base, where he'd still profile well offensively.

The 2nd round stream on MLB.com mentioned Corey Seager as a comp - big left handed SS I guess.  Harold Reynolds, master of realism, said he reminds him of Chipper Jones.

With the 6/29/2001 b-day, he is 350 days younger than Bobby Witt, Jr, and 1.5 years younger than fellow high school draftee Brett Baty.

I've seen a dozen articles that had Gunnar going anywhere from 17-35 or so.  Some of the teams mentioned included the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, and Phillies.  I really like that kid a lot.  Loving things so far.

53 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

My rankings weren’t predictions, they were preferences.

You didn’t have your own ranking in addition to your preferences? It’s like the March Madness bracket. Everyone with skill( and many people without skill) make their own predictions, it’s just human.

58 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

My rankings weren’t predictions, they were preferences.

By the way, I’m not trying to imply anything negative I’m just wondering if you had your own personal ranking of how the day would go and how accurate it was if you did.

Archived