2019 General Draft Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TGO said:

I feel like the reporter interviewing guys who are in the studio is trying to make them cry. You're no Roy Firestone, lady!

I was about to post something exactly along those lines.  It's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, TGO said:

I feel like the reporter interviewing guys who are in the studio is trying to make them cry. You're no Roy Firestone, lady!

Yeah, and what’s with those eye lashes? She looks like she’s in drag.

Hope he turns out to be a fantastic pick

but I don't like a catcher at 1-1, and I don't like a 21 yo at 1-1.

Manny was in the bigs at 20, that's the kind of talent that I wanted with the #1 pick

My guy was Abrams which no one would have picked at 1-1 but time will tell.

I hate Manfred. He should let the representatives from the individual teams name the player. That would be more interesting for the fans, but instead we get to see his ugly mug 100 times, which is 100 times too many.

48 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

This draft coverage is terrible. MLB TV and/or MLB have brutal pacing.

Not to mention that their comment just now (as they went to commercial in advance of Houston’s pick) that “With Correa, Bregman and Springer, the Astros are no strangers to success in the first round,” must have been very triggering to my friend @atomic

1 hour ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Question for anyone smarter with this stuff than I am - any “strange” picks in the draft or is all kind of pretty in line with rankings thus far?

Well, the Astros picked a college catcher that has never hit before this year...

16 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Not to mention that their comment just now (as they went to commercial in advance of Houston’s pick) that “With Correa, Bregman and Springer, the Astros are no strangers to success in the first round,” must have been very triggering to my friend @atomic

Springer was the old regime. 

5 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

MLB's 13 overall Matthew Allan and 20 overall Brennan Malone, both high school pitchers, the two outlying fallers remaining available as the Comp Round gets underway.

Misner the top NCAA hitter and Johnson the top NCAA pitcher by their rankings.

I really want Malone but Luke said at 42 it would cost about 2mill over slot to sign him. That’s steep.

Archived