August 3rd vs M's; going for the SWEEP!

Big Mac

No, leaving the base before the ball is caught is Bush League. I have seen plays overturned in the Majors before, as they should be when the guy's two steps toward home when the ball hits the glove. Leaving early is cheating and it's the other team's responsibility to put pressure on the umps to keep them honest.

I have to agree with San here, it never gets overturned unless the runner flat out misses or leaves way to early.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES! How DARE he instruct Luke to take a LEAD!!!!

FIRE HIM!

Is it just me, or does Luke have an extraordinarily slow first step when he starts running? On that play it looked like he was in quicksand. I'm not saying the play was Samuel's fault, but perhaps he should be aware of a weakness like that in a runner and instruct him to take shorter leads than other runners.

Is it just me, or does Luke have an extraordinarily slow first step when he starts running? On that play it looked like he was in quicksand. I'm not saying the play was Samuel's fault, but perhaps he should be aware of a weakness like that in a runner and instruct him to take shorter leads than other runners.

Quiroz's and G. Olson's first steps are even slower! They look like they're spinning their wheels in sand until about the third step.

Archived