Vidro DH

LaPhair 1B

Clement C

Betancourt SS

SP-Carlos Silva (4-12, 5.95 ERA)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to see that 67-year-old defensive stalwart Castro is not in the lineup, but a true shortstop in sort of his prime Cintron gets the start.

I'm a fan of this Sunday lineup as Jones and Hernandez get a day off, and that Fahey guy is on the bench too, can't forget him. Has Payton played in CF much this season?

Definitely need another solid outing by Cabrera, not a 3-inning, 7-run performance. Not against the M's.

It's good to see that 67-year-old defensive stalwart Castro is not in the lineup, but a true shortstop in sort of his prime Cintron gets the start.

What about Cintron's arm, range, instincts, or reliability with the glove make him a true shortstop? Roberts, Mora, Jones and probably Jeremy Guthrie are all better shortstops than he is defensively. And no, that's not a compliment to any of them (except Guthrie since he's never actually played SS professionally).

I'm a fan of this Sunday lineup as Jones and Hernandez get a day off, and that Fahey guy is on the bench too, can't forget him. Has Payton played in CF much this season?

Only the few games Jones has gotten off - about half a dozen. You really can't afford to have him out there much more than that. With him being on the slow side for a CF plus getting poor jumps most of the time and Scott not being particularly speedy or good at tracking the ball in LF you have a big hole in left center, not to mention no hope of a throw successfully making it home from CF. As for the "Sunday lineup" I wish Trembley spread off days around more, particularly making use of the weekday day games if he wants to use day-after-night games to rest people. If you're only going to sit your catcher once a week (which is a bad idea in and of itself for a lot of reasons), no other offensive players should need to get their days off on the same day he does.

Definitely need another solid outing by Cabrera, not a 3-inning, 7-run performance. Not against the M's.

That's the understatement of the year. Hopefully he can build off what Guthrie and Olson have done the last two nights. Unfortunately, it seems to me like Daniel pitches better when they other starters have been struggling than when they're on a roll. That's probably just total coincidence though. I doubt he's really somehow able to focus better just because he knows the team desperately needs him to be a stopper. On the other hand, he's pitching on borrowed time since his suspension is on appeal, so maybe the injustice of all that will be added motivation for him.

Could we win 2 straight Sunday games?:eek:

The pen should be rested. If we could get a solid 7 innings by DCab, that would be great for our pen! They've basically had a 3 day break. If we only make them 2 innings (plus 2/3 by Cormier) over a 4 day span, that would be huge for saving our pen.

Guys, appeal at third! The M's broadcast showed Reed's foot simultaneously with the catch and he very clearly left before the ball was in the glove! :angryfire:

The Orioles NEVER appeal that the runner left early on sac flies and I think teams are aware of this because they tend to leave early against us.

Archived