Orioles Summer Music Series

Going Underground

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I saw them in DC once and they asked,who,in the crowd was in Baltimore and it was the entire audience which I thought was funny. Saw them many a time back in the  80s and early 90s.  Also saw Psychedilic Furs back in the day.

Kelly Bell was playing some wine and something festival when I was in Martinsburg WV ,a few weeks ago.

Saw the Furs at Merriweather with  two other bands .One of the bands was the Call ,who blew them away.The lead singers voice was one of the most powerful I have ever heard. He died very young 

Just now, Going Underground said:

Kelly Bell was playing some wine and something festival when I was in Martinsburg WV ,a few weeks ago.

Saw the Furs at Merriweather with  two other bands .One of the bands was the Call ,who blew them away.The lead singers voice was one of the most powerful I have ever heard. He died very young 

I first saw them Furs at Warner theater when they were on their way up. Last saw them at MPP opening for B-52s and the GO Gos to a disinterested audience.All,I,know,about the Call is,the walls,come,down which has to be over 35 years old.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m a young old timer ?

I have Beck’s first 2 or 3 albums, so anything after I’m only going to know if it was released as a single. 

Guero is my favorite Beck album. Came,out,in 2005

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m a young old timer ?

I have Beck’s first 2 or 3 albums, so anything after I’m only going to know if it was released as a single. 

Well I'm my opinion the Grammy winning Morning Phase is a pale imitation.  Album has three just genius songs on it and Beck plays all the instruments.

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I first saw them Furs at Warner theater when they were on their way up. Last saw them at MPP opening for B-52s and the GO Gos to a disinterested audience.All,I,know,about the Call is,the walls,come,down which has to be over 35 years old.

I Don't Wanna by the Call is one of my favorite songs.But I was young 32 years ago A teen in love. ?

On 6/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, atomic said:

I saw them in DC once and they asked,who,in the crowd was in Baltimore and it was the entire audience which I thought was funny. Saw them many a time back in the  80s and early 90s.  Also saw Psychedilic Furs back in the day.

I remember seeing them at Bohagers. They played some song about elements on the periodic table that was a major ear worm and we were singing it for days after the show. Also saw Sebadoh and Pavement at Bohagers around 97/98ish. At that time it was very rare for Baltimore to land acts that big. I usually had to drive to DC or hope for a festival appearance. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Not a Beck fan?

Hint, he has a song called Lost Cause.

Lost Cause has a countryish feel to it so it would probably fit better with their theme ;) 

If things go right, in a few years we can book Spoon to play the Underdog on repeat!

On 6/14/2019 at 11:10 PM, Going Underground said:

These are free concerts held at the ballpark except for Billy Joel.MECU Pavilion has Steve Milker soon and many other national acts.Place is about a mile from Camden Yards.This is just about the acts they got.90% country for some reason.Did they do a survey and found out that genre is the demographic of an Oriole ticket holder?

Apparently the survey only included Pasadena residents. 

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I remember seeing them at Bohagers. They played some song about elements on the periodic table that was a major ear worm and we were singing it for days after the show. Also saw Sebadoh and Pavement at Bohagers around 97/98ish. At that time it was very rare for Baltimore to land acts that big. I usually had to drive to DC or hope for a festival appearance. 

Sebadoh ain't that big anymore.Playing the 240 seat Metro Gallery in Baltimore this Wednesday for $20.00.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Sebadoh ain't that big anymore.Playing the 240 seat Metro Gallery in Baltimore this Wednesday for $20.00.

Agreed. Well past there prime / peak. In the 90s though I feel like they were probably a band that could sell out the 9:30 Club. 

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Probably my favorite Beck album, although I admittedly haven't followed him too closely over the few years other than radio singles. 

I didn't care for his last two.  To me Morning Phase was going over the same ground Sea Change did and Colors sounded like someone following trends, not starting them.