Bundy On The Move?

AJHoesnkakes

Be a good idea to make a list of the contending teams who need pitching, and the teams who have a reasonable pitching for sale.

Then take the contending teams and separate out the guys like Houston and Cleveland and Tampa, lucky bastards all of them, who don’t need pitching. Do the twins need pitching? I don’t think so. Diamondbacks? The Rockies have no interest in Bundy, ha ha it’s at the homerun record all by himself.

I really think that leaves Texas, and Cashner has already pitched for Texas, so they Would probably love to have him back, and I bet they’d be happy to have Bundy, too, although they got nothing to offer

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Bundy has another two seasons of arbitration eligibility and is only 26 so teams can still dream on him. There is no reason for the Orioles to sell low on him at this point, I would think they would have to be blown away to trade him.

He is a soft tosser now.  I don’t see getting much for him unless he suddenly starts putting together a string of good outings.  I don’t know why anyone would trade prospects for him,  A contender has no use for him and a rebuilding team wouldn’t want to give up prospects.

5 hours ago, AJHoesnkakes said:

Lots of chatter on social media about Bundy possibly being traded... what do you think we should expect in return? Ke'Bryan Hayes type + low tier guy?

Nope, not a chance.  Hayes is a top 50 prospect and the Pirates just traded away two key pieces of their farm for Archer last year which is turning out to be quite an embarrassment. Don't think they will want anything to do with Bundy for that price.

“We pushed Dylan back a few days. We had a lot of reasons behind it, and the main is because when John Means made the All-Star team we had to reset some things, so we pushed him back a few days. We want Dylan to start the first game after the break. And he feels fine. It’s nothing except we’re just pushing him back a couple days so we can reset our rotation following the All-Star break.”

Bundy will be working on eight days’ rest when he pitches at Rogers Centre and have another extended layoff through the break.

“We set it up for like two weeks after the break and how we wanted to see (Andrew) Cashner, Means and Dylan and who we wanted to throw them against with their rest, so we projected that,” Hyde said. “We feel like the best thing to do was to give him enough rest post-break, which mean we wanted him to start the first game after the break. Kind of complicated. It was hours in my office yesterday.

Unless a contending team is extremely desperate (as we were in 2013), I can't see Bundy having much trade value.  He's probably more valuable to the Orioles than he is to other teams.  At least he can provide innings so that our bullpens' arms don't fall off, and we don't have to call up prospects who aren't ready.  He's basically cannon fodder, he's out there to throw soft, throw strikes, get barreled, but also get the games over with and put everyone out of their misery for the night.  That's not attractive to contending teams but it is useful to rebuilding teams.  There's 1,458 innings in a season, and someone's gotta pitch them for us.  Might as well be Bundy for 10% of them.  If we somehow have 5 other competent starters by the end of 2020, he can be non-tendered.  

38 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

Unless a contending team is extremely desperate (as we were in 2013), I can't see Bundy having much trade value.  He's probably more valuable to the Orioles than he is to other teams.  At least he can provide innings so that our bullpens' arms don't fall off, and we don't have to call up prospects who aren't ready.  He's basically cannon fodder, he's out there to throw soft, throw strikes, get barreled, but also get the games over with and put everyone out of their misery for the night.  That's not attractive to contending teams but it is useful to rebuilding teams.  There's 1,458 innings in a season, and someone's gotta pitch them for us.  Might as well be Bundy for 10% of them.  If we somehow have 5 other competent starters by the end of 2020, he can be non-tendered.  

No bullpen pitcher's arms are going to fall off because none of them can put together enough solid outings to stay up here.  This is ST level.  

I still don't know if there are enough contenders to facilitate a lot of trades this year.  Cashner might be a salary dump at this point.  

29 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

No bullpen pitcher's arms are going to fall off because none of them can put together enough solid outings to stay up here.  This is ST level.  

I still don't know if there are enough contenders to facilitate a lot of trades this year.  Cashner might be a salary dump at this point.  

The NL central is definitely where most of the action will likely take place. 

14 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

It appears that Bundy is staying put (for now) and this was just fan speculation, so perhaps we could change the thread title?   I keep checking for updates that do not seem forthcoming.  Just my 2 cents.

Agreed.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:47 PM, OFFNY said:

o

The Orioles are listing Dylan Bundy/Andrew Cashner/Gabriel Ynoa as the starters at the SkyDome for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, respectively.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/1146125677793599488

o

o

On the opposing side of Dylan Bundy/Andrew Cashner/Gabriel Ynoa will be Aaron Sanchez/Clayton Richard/Trent Thornton, respectively.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/1146495491565379585

o