2nd Half Wish List

yark14

With the ASG past us and the second half of the season for us to look forward to (or dread).  I'm curious to see what you all would prefer to happen these last couple months.  So, rank your top 5 REALISTIC things you'd like to see happen with the O's.  I'll kick it off:

1. Mancini does not get traded.

2. Bundy keeps pitching like he has recently.

3. Villar gets traded for an org's top 20 prospect.

4. Mountcastle gets called up and plays well.

5. Cisco keeps playing like he did the last week or so of the 1st half.

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

1. We never play Mancini in the OF

2. We never play Smith in the OF

3. We never play DJ Stewart in the OF.

4. We get plus defensive OF'ers from somewhere (Cashner trade, Villar trade, Mancini trade)

5. Somehow Richie Martin breaks .200

6. Chris Davis goes away

Yes, I too would like a perfectly formed defensively elite playoff roster.

13 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Bundy hasn’t thrown a decent slider since 6/15, a decent off-speed pitch of any kind since Seattle , & his on-speed pitches haven’t been much better.

Wish list:

Bundy finds his off-speed pitches & an extra mph on his fb.

Means finishes strong.

Davis starts a band that only plays songs for CoC.

Hmmm?

By pitch value Bundy posted a 1.4 on his slider last start (at Tor), a 0.3 on the curve and a 1.0 on the change.  He has been mostly consistent with his off speed stuff outside of the SD start. He was bad against SD but that whole start was bad.

Against Sea his FB was terrible, and I mean really really bad (-3.1 PV).  But you are correct his off speed stuff was working. 

His overall season PV on the slider is 6.6 which if it tends in that direction, ending somewhere between 12 and 14 would be pretty high, elite even.  (Boyd is at 5.7 to compare)

My wish is for him is to scrap whatever junk fastball he has (-16.1 on the season) and figure something else out.  That rating is not just velocity based and if he continued on that trend we could easily call it the worst pitch in MLB.

Even if he can turn his fastball into a neutral pitch, add in his elite slider and very good change, we would be wondering not if we could get something for him but whether he would get the most in a trade this deadline.

On thread.  Second half wish list for Bundy is to see more neutral to positive PVs on that fastball per game.  Drop that 87% zone contact rate to even 80% and he has serious offseason trade value.

14 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Bundy hasn’t thrown a decent slider since 6/15, a decent off-speed pitch of any kind since Seattle , & his on-speed pitches haven’t been much better.

Wish list:

Bundy finds his off-speed pitches & an extra mph on his fb.

Means finishes strong.

Davis starts a band that only plays songs for CoC.

Why you wishing that evil on me?