Is Santander part of the future?

Lucky_13

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s still in small sample size realm. I’m glad he is doing well, but let’s see how Santander adjusts after the league adjusts to him. 

He already had a 2-for-22 stretch which included an 0-for-15 and bounced out of that. He had another 2-for-16 stretch and bounced out of that. He had a 1-for-12 stretch and bounced out of that. He seems to be pretty good at making adjustments and bouncing back.

6 minutes ago, Sessh said:

He already had a 2-for-22 stretch which included an 0-for-15 and bounced out of that. He had another 2-for-16 stretch and bounced out of that. He had a 1-for-12 stretch and bounced out of that. He seems to be pretty good at making adjustments and bouncing back.

It's only a 137 at bats, but at the very least I think it is getting close to time for Smith Jr to get a seat on the bench with Santander coming on and other players that deserve a look. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's only a 137 at bats, but at the very least I think it is getting close to time for Smith Jr to get a seat on the bench with Santander coming on and other players that deserve a look. 

Yeah I'd rather see Stewart get ABs over Smith.

Honestly rather see Mason williams too. At least he'd play decent defense in a corner spot.

22 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Oh I know, but stuff like that is what I look for with rookie hitters. He seems to be avoiding prolonged slumps and bouncing out of little ones. That's a good sign.

Not really sure if he's a part of the future, but he should definitely be out there the rest of this season. 

I'd love to see Santander, Hays and Stewart as the OF the rest of the way with Smith as the 4th guy and Wilkerson gone.

4 minutes ago, billw76 said:

Not really sure if he's a part of the future, but he should definitely be out there the rest of this season. 

I'd love to see Santander, Hays and Stewart as the OF the rest of the way with Smith as the 4th guy and Wilkerson gone.

Did you see Wilkerson catch that ball in the ninth?