Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/25)

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

I'd rather get Trout out. He's not hitting 1.000. Never liked pitching around guys. Maybe in the playoffs or games in September with a lot on the line, but not in July.

Me too. Plus at this point I think I would rather see a live, interesting Mike Trout at bat.

It's always risky taking a pitcher out of a game that has had hitters off-balance most of the night and was on a good roll. Armstrong comes in and is wild leading to another pitching change with the bases loaded now.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

It's always risky taking a pitcher out of a game that has had hitters off-balance most of the night and was on a good roll. Armstrong comes in and is wild leading to another pitching change with the bases loaded now.

I guess it was pitch count, and matchup. :noidea:

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

F! Gotta throw a strike 3-2.

I swear that pitchers are shell shocked. They don't give in no matter what. I know that a lot of times pitchers just cant get the ball over the plate. But I think these days, pitchers have gone into a shell. They are going to try and paint that corner no matter what mediocre stuff they happen to have that day and no matter the situation.

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

Me too. Plus at this point I think I would rather see a live, interesting Mike Trout at bat.

I always found it to be kind of disrespectful to the game and the player with the elite abilities to deny them by pitching around them or walking them all the time. Even with Bonds, people want to see him have a valid AB. It's like the player is being penalized for being too good. Not saying there aren't situations where doing that is the best choice, but I don't want to see Trout pitched around all the time.

...and Wilkerson hurts himself at the wall and probably should have caught that.