Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/25)

OFFNY

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

I think that's one of the weakest--if not *the* weakest--Ws I've ever witnessed.

Not sure if he will actually do it, but the official scorer could overrule the win rule and declare a different winning pitcher.  Ynoa is a pretty good candidate.

o

Shades of the Boston Marathon Game from 2012 ........

In that game back in 2012, Adam Jones relayed the ball to JJ Hardy on a double, who threw a strike to Matt Wieters to nail what would have been the winning run at home plate in the bottom of the 16th inning.

In this game, Dwight Smith Jr relayed the ball to Jonathan Villar on a double, who threw a strike to Pedro Severino to nail what would have been the winning run at home plate in the bottom of the 15th inning.

o

3 hours ago, LA2 said:

I think that's one of the weakest W's--if not *the* weakest W-- I've ever witnessed.

W's should apply only to starters. It's really a meaningless stat for relievers.

The O's certainly will take that W though. What a game.

I wish I had saw the game last night. I watched the highlights on the O's website. Jim Palmer is a national treasure. 

Mancini Homerun call 

"That's what he gets. With the little leg flip. What was that" - Jim Palmer (Not verbatim)

I. FREAKIN'. DIED.

2 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I passed out sometime during the bottom of the 15th. Woke up to a blank screen and noticed several new pages to this thread, MLB provided me a recap of every pitch of the bottom of the 16th under the title “outfielder records save”.

I died about the 10th inning...