Ok! Roster moves!

HowAboutThat

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

Hoping Tate sticks in a relief role. Could help slowly improve the pen

I wanna say this is the first AA callup they've made this year. Not exactly Elias's style but they need arms. I'm guessing they hope to not get him in a game and option him right back down, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

Hoping Tate sticks in a relief role. Could help slowly improve the pen

Seems like Tate would only be called  up because he is on the 40 man roster.   He hasn't pitched at AAA yet.   He may not be up for long.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I wanna say this is the first AA callup they've made this year. Not exactly Elias's style but they need arms. I'm guessing they hope to not get him in a game and option him right back down, but we'll see.

Just now, wildcard said:

Seems like Tate would only be called  up because he is on the 40 man roster.   He hasn't pitched at AAA yet.   He may not be up for long.

Exactly, he's on the 40.

Eager to see if the advancements he's made since moving to the pen work in the majors.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Good lord announce the roster moves already.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Exactly, he's on the 40.

Eager to see if the advancements he's made since moving to the pen work in the majors.

See if he is worth keeping

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

Phillips is awful. He’s just a warm body.

But Tate May be something. Look forward to seeing him in action.

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Exactly, he's on the 40.

Me too. If he turns out to be a high-quality reliever, maybe the trade will end up working out after all. And we are almost certainly going to get to see him in tonight.

I am very sour on Phillips, however. He shows up, he’s terrible, he goes back down, until the next time he shows up and is terrible. I would rather have seen almost anybody else.

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

By my reckoning, Fry is the only guy who pitched last night who might possibly go tonight.   So unless Wojo + Fry can cover 9 innings (or 8 if Angels win), we will probably see both of them tonight.

And Wojo is coming off a career high in innings pitched and 100+ pitches, in 100 degree heat, with the added intensity of having a no hitter on the line.   I honestly don't expect greatness or length out of him tonight.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Me too. If he turns out to be a high-quality reliever, maybe the trade will end up working out after all. And we are almost certainly going to get to see him in tonight.

I am very sour on Phillips, however. He shows up, he’s terrible, he goes back down, until the next time he shows up and is terrible. I would rather have seen almost anybody else.

Admit it, you just don't like that he uses two L's in his name.

I'm the same way with all those Steven's who don't spell it the correct way (Stephen).

Archived