Ok! Roster moves!

Philip

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Smith is 8 for his last 21 for a .381 avg.  He has a homer and 4 RBI in his last  6 games.  He is probably not going anywhere.   Its may take an injury or Sept before Stewart is promoted.

Over the last two months he's hitting .191 with a .586 OPS.  I don't really understand why Smith is on the team over Stewart, especially since Stewart has a much better glove.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Dwight Smith Jr:  .717 OPS

DJ Stewart:  .367 OPS

Aren't you a numbers guy Drungo?    ;)

Yeah I'm ready for a switch here too.    Or cut Davis and shuffle more people around........but.........................

Cutting Davis is a better solution.  If you have a 16-inning game where Stevie Wilkerson gets a save, and Davis only gets in for half an inning on defense... it's time.

40 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Cutting Davis is a better solution.  If you have a 16-inning game where Stevie Wilkerson gets a save, and Davis only gets in for half an inning on defense... it's time.

The Smith issue is easily dealt with because he has an option. I thought it was one way, DFA or Stay, but because he has an option, I’m unclear as to why the change hasn’t been made.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Over the last two months he's hitting .191 with a .586 OPS.  I don't really understand why Smith is on the team over Stewart, especially since Stewart has a much better glove.

Maybe its because he planted his face into the wall after catching a ball.  Then went through concussion protocol and the IL trying to put himself back together.  Then he had to find his swing again.   That might have something to do with why Elias/Hyde are cutting him so much slack.

I also think they don't want to use his last option this season.  They would rather bring him to ST to compete for a spot on the 26 man roster and if he doesn't make the team option him next season.   He can help  the AAA team is not the major league team.  And with most of the pitchers in Bowie  going to AAA next year it would be nice to have some offense at AAA to win games at that level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Maybe its because he planted his face into the wall after catching a ball.  Then went through concussion protocol and the IL trying to put himself back together.  Then he had to find his swing again.   That might have something to do with why Elias/Hyde are cutting him so much slack.

I also think they don't want to use his last option this season.  They would rather bring him to ST to compete for a spot on the 26 man roster and if he doesn't make the team option him next season.   He can help  the AAA team is not the major league team.  And with most of the pitchers in Bowie  going to AAA next year it would be nice to have some offense at AAA to win games at that level.

Honestly great point.