Ok! Roster moves!

Philip

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

When I was in Garden Street School (1970-1976), there was a janitor whose name was "Dick Head."

No joke.

Not only that, but that is what was on his nameplate on the janitor's door (Mr. Dick Head) ........ but his nameplate was hung upside down. The other 5 janitors had their nameplates displayed right-side up. I suspect that his was intentionally hung upside down to try to dissuade us kids from putting 2 and 2 together and seeing what it said (It was an elementary school for Kindergarten through 5th grade.)

A few years later, when my friends and I went bowling at the Brewster Barn Lanes, his name came up again ........ this time his name was displayed right-side up on a board that was hanging from the center of the building, and it was for being as one of the bowlers on the championship team that season.

o

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I would surely used Richard for first name.

o

Even when I was a kid, I believe that I figured that one out ........ considering the fact that calling himself "Richard" would hardly deter others from putting 2 and 2 together and teasing him for being named a dick head, he probably thought that he may as well just come right out with it and call himself "Dick Head." That way, there would be one less thing to tease him about ........ in other words they could tease him about his name, but they couldn't accuse of him of trying to hide it. Kind of like reverse psychology.

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Even when I was a kid, I believe that I figured that one out ........ considering the fact that calling himself "Richard" would hardly deter others from putting 2 and 2 together and teasing him for being named a dick head, he probably thought that he may as well just come right out with it and call himself "Dick Head." That way, there would be one less thing to tease him about ........ in other words they could tease him about his name, but they couldn't accuse of him of trying to hide it. Kind of like reverse psychology.

o

Over the course of my lifetime, I've become acquainted with not one, not two, but three women with the last name of Hoare.  None of them directly related, all of them decidedly untrivial and at the same time without a trace of the attitude you might expect, all things considered.  Unlike the internet, the real world is not populated with eighth graders.  

Or at least it used to be...

3 hours ago, makoman said:

How come everyone gets initials except Luis “F.U.” Figueroa? Seems like itd fit with the Richard Head story at least. 

o

5 of the 8 Padres position players didn't get initials.

Everybody didn't get initials.

o

I didn’t watch the game last night. Seems like Smith hasn’t been healthy in awhile. Perhaps DJ time again?  Off day tomorrow so I’m sure they would play a man down today if Smith can’t go   

I assume Hess goes back down for Shepherd?

Just now, Philip said:

Why? He’s not the worst of the bunch. Yac would seem a more likely choice. Does Eshelman have options?

And Hess is still on the roster... I assume just until Means comes off the DL Wednesday, they want to keep him up in case Means has a setback of some type.

Eshelman is essentially in the rotation right now (as he has been the guy following the opener the past few games).   Tate has been shortened to a reliever for the past several weeks in the minors and here.

But I agree... Yaco could certainly have gone down.   

52 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Tate showed flashes. I’d like to see him in strictly 1 IP outings. We’ve gone through so many arms, I’m surprised we haven’t seen Hunter Harvey. 

I think Tate can be a solid reliever for us.  It's brutal to see them keep throwing Eshelman out there though.

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

I think Tate can be a solid reliever for us.  It's brutal to see them keep throwing Eshelman out there though.

I think showed enough to warrant a 40 man spot next season, but he may start the season in AAA.

• Upvote 1