Prospect Mailbag

Luke-OH

Any prospect related questions, ask away, I'm going to choose the best questions between this thread and twitter and answer them in an article. Questions I don't include in the article, I'll try and answer in the tread eventually.

6 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Any prospect related questions, ask away, I'm going to choose the best questions between this thread and twitter and answer them in an article. Questions I don't include in the article, I'll try and answer in the tread eventually.

Who is an under the radar guy in the O’s system that no one is talking about but has a real shot at making an impact on the Major League roster in the future?

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Using only players who haven't been on the 25 man ML roster,  show me your fantasy future ML 26 man roster with all 9 positions filled, a DH, bench, 5 starters and a bullpen.  

Fixed that for you. You are living in the past, not the future!

Has Keegan Akin's secondary stuff noticeably improved from last year/beginning of this season? It's been talked about that he's been directed to work on it so I'm curious. He's leading the International League in SOs. 

Any prospect that could be next year's Santander? A kind of forgotten about fringe prospect that makes an impact. 

10 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

We know about the obvious guys that will be added to the 40-man to be protected from the Rule V Draft but who do you think are the players most likely to be left off the 40-man and taken in the Rule V Draft? Will guys like Nick Vepsi and Zach Muckenhirn be exposed? 

25 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Here you go, I'll try and get the rest of the question answered in the thread sometime soon. 

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2019/08/30/lukes-prospect-mailbag/

Everyone was so down on the trade returns from last offseason. Luke does his first one of these and we get mentions of Tate, Zimmerman, Cumberland, and Bannon. Maybe it wasn’t so bad after all. 

9 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Using only players who haven't been on the 25 man ML roster,  show me your fantasy future ML 25 man roster with all 9 positions filled, a DH, bench, 5 starters and a bullpen.  

I might have forgot someone, I put guys with relief risk in relief because of the number of #5 SP profile guys who wouldn't fit well in relief. 

SP - DL Hall

SP - Grayson Rodriguez

SP - Zac Lowther

SP - Bruce Zimmermann

SP - Drew Rom

Swingman - Alex Wells

RP - Blaine Knight

RP - Gray Fenter

RP - Cody Sedlock

SU - Keegan Akin

SU - Dean Kremer

CL - Michael Baumann

C - Adley Rutschman

1B - Ryan Mountcastle

2B - Rylan Bannon

SS - Darell Hernaiz

3B - Gunnar Henderson

RF - Yusniel Diaz

CF - Zach Watson

LF - Kyle Stowers

DH - Josue Cruz?

Backup C - Brett Cumberland

4th OF - Ryan McKenna

Utility IF - Adam Hall

Super Utility - Toby Welk

6 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

How does Rutschman look with the bat and glove so far?   Does his on-the-field performance so far suggest that he will live up to being drafted 1:1?

He's looked really good, even when the results aren't there. He's a stud.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

With a full year of observation in, who is the better defensive SS, Grenier or Hall?    And who is the best defensive SS in the system?

I like Hall better, Grenier makes less mistakes, but Hall is a more fluid athlete with quicker hands. Both are probably better fits at 2B. Joey Ortiz is probably the best defensive SS in the system although I'm sure there is a no bat guy in the DSL who'd like to argue with that. 

Archived