Does O's management want to win in Sept?

wildcard

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Elias is not uninvolved with anything to do with the baseball operations of the Orioles.

There is nothing Elias can do the rest of the way to increase the odds of the Orioles losing unless he demands Mancini, Villar, Santander etc get benched. 

That said of course he wants the second pick.  

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'm hoping to see Hays, but I don't think that will change too many outcomes.

Myself as well. 

Only 26 games left. After Friday I thought they had an outside chance at playing close to .500 rest of way. Then Saturday and Sunday were reminders. 

That said this series is the only real chance to play spoiler rest of way. Weak schedule. 

Management is building for the long term. Hyde is managing to win with the 25 he has each day. The players have a natural incentive to perform. Everybody is playing to win within their overarching constraints. Nobody is tanking from game to game. That is nonsense and just plays into MLBs "sell the Orioles" narrative.

20 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Management is building for the long term. Hyde is managing to win with the 25 he has each day. The players have a natural incentive to perform. Everybody is playing to win within their overarching constraints. Nobody is tanking from game to game. That is nonsense and just plays into MLBs "sell the Orioles" narrative.

Not from me.

2 hours ago, thezeroes said:

The question would be what is the floor for losing teams in 2020. 

Bottom

2018 47 Losses

2017 64 Losses

2016 59 Losses

2015 63 losses

2014 64 Losses

5TH from the bottom

2018 64 Losses

2017 68 Losses

2016 68 Losses

2015 68 losses

2014 70 losses

If the floor improves to 68 losses that can change he outlook of any season.  The floor would have risen by 21 games over what the Orioles did last year.

You mean wins not losses.

2 hours ago, weams said:

No. They will still be trading performing assets. The only reason that did not happen this year is no one wanted the Os assets. 

If they do  that they might as well just not play anymore.  Really they should be working towards improving.  If they trade Alberto, Villar and Mancini I dont think.they will have any fans left.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

There is nothing Elias can do the rest of the way to increase the odds of the Orioles losing unless he demands Mancini, Villar, Santander etc get benched. 

That said of course he wants the second pick.  

We have 4 games against the Tigers upcoming.  The first pick isnt out of reach. Plus the Royals and Tigers have a 3 game series. The Tigers could win some of those games.

Archived