Does O's management want to win in Sept?

wildcard

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

The sky sort of already fell.  No reason to get overly worked up about it now while the team works on a path forward.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Rome wasn't built overnight.

Any expectation for winning baseball in year 1 of a rebuild of this magnitude is pretty ludicious in itself. :)

I agree.  Its a long process.  But when your team ERA is 6 runs per game, its really "pie in the sky" to think we have any chance at .500 in year two of the rebuild.  

Just now, Dipper9 said:

I agree.  Its a long process.  But when your team ERA is 6 runs per game, its really "pie in the sky" to think we have any chance at .500 in year two of the rebuild.  

It sucks, it really does, I hate losing.

so far, for me, its not as bad as the 14 years of hell, when this team had no direction and no game plan.

So far, I am going to ride the Elias boat, and see if he is allowed to work/repeat his magic here.

13 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

This statement is ironically, trolling.  (wink)

The reason for the sky is falling mentality is that we have NO pitching.  Outside of a surprise year from Means, and a few good appearances from Harvey, I wouldn't be sad if the entire staff was gone next year.  

The 2019 Orioles have an 80 ERA+.  8th-worst mark since WWII.  

In 2018 Andrew Cashner had an 80 ERA+.  He's every 2019 Oriole.

In 2000 Pat Rapp had an 80 ERA+.  He went 9-12, 5.90.

In 1988 Mark Williamson had an 80 ERA+.  Went 5-8, 4.90 and then moved to the bullpen for good.

In 1976 Mike Flanagan had an 80 ERA+ as a 24-year-old rookie in a rather extreme pitcher's league.  He got better.  Maybe there's hope for us after all.

22 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Some OH Posters are trolls, and have been loudly complaining about the Orioles, even when they was playing top notch baseball.

They are gloom and doomers.

Not all, just a select few posters.

Okay, but you still said (or strongly implied) that anyone who doesn't believe in an historic improvement for the 2020 Orioles is a troll.  So the average informed Oriole fan is a troll.

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The Orioles are running neck-and-neck with the '07 Rays for the worst bullpen ERA since WWII.  Sometime in the next couple weeks they'll pass the '30 Phils for most runs ever allowed by a bullpen.  Even the Rockies, as an expansion team playing in Mile High Stadium, never had a bullpen that allowed nearly as many runs as the '19 Orioles.

I'm going to make a prediction that the bullpen will be better in '20 even if they deal Givens and Harvey's arm falls off.

You preempted me.    It seems like pure random chance would yield some bullpen improvement next year.   

Archived