Austin Hays called up, Ryan Mountcastle not called up

MurphDogg

23 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Sounds like Mason Williams will be getting the call to play centerfield. Who needs more than one centerfielder anyway?

This doesn't tell me anything about Shepherd.  He was done starting in Norfolk.  He could be coming to the O's in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Except that Roch says he's part of the group joining the O's.

Haha. 

37 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Sounds like Mason Williams will be getting the call to play centerfield. Who needs more than one centerfielder anyway?

I hope we do see him. No offense to Stevie but it’s getting old watching him out there in CF.  

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Kind of follows the pattern for the season. Not really calling up anyone of interest. I would like to have seen Akin though. He has innings to give and actually may have a future. 

Did someone tweet out that Akin isn't getting a callup? I might have missed it, if they did

19 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Except that Roch says he's part of the group joining the O's.

I'm leery of what Roch is implying here.   Just because someone's locker is cleaned out does not mean he is on his way to the O's.  I have a hard time thinking that Blach is being called up.   In fact I think he will be DFA'd.    He has been pretty bad since acquired.

Just now, wildcard said:

I'm leery of what Roch is implying here.   Just because someone's locker is cleaned out does not mean he is on his way to the O's.  I have a hard time thinking that Blach is being called up.   In fact I think he will be DFA'd.    He has been pretty bad since acquired.

He's not implying anything, he knows, he's plainly stating that those players (the ones David Hall is referring to with the empty lockers) are joining the Orioles.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Sorry I missed that.  Where has Roch stated that Blach will join the O's. Link?

Wait, are you joking?

It's the tweet we've been talking about the whole time.

The tweet reads as Blach, Shepherd, Hess, and Wynns are joining the Orioles. Also that Mason Williams is a possibility. I'm not sure how else you could read it. 

11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Wait, are you joking?

It's the tweet we've been talking about the whole time.

The tweet reads as Blach, Shepherd, Hess, and Wynns are joining the Orioles. Also that Mason Williams is a possibility. I'm not sure how else you could read it. 

That is not what the tweet says.  Read is again.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That is not what the tweet says.  Read is again.

Roch literally says, in response to the post about Shepherd and Blach's empty lockers that they are "part of the group joining the Orioles". How are you reading it?

On this post, he says

Catcher Austin Wynns is joining the Orioles for the doubleheader, as expected. The Virginian-Pilot reported that the lockers of pitchers Chandler Shepherd, Ty Blach and David Hess are empty today, which signals that the Orioles also are recalling them.

The Orioles haven't yet made an announcement, but players aren't released hours before the last game of the AAA season, they are clearly coming up. 

• Upvote 1