Austin Hays called up, Ryan Mountcastle not called up

MurphDogg

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they can find room on the 40 for Trumbo I don't see why they couldn't for Mountcastle.

What makes most sense to me is that they are planning on manipulating his service time. 

I'm at the point that I'm rooting for the players to close that loophole in the next CBA.

I respect that. And I do disagree. The CBA won't go the players way next time. 

I think this is just another reason they need to cut ties with Davis. At the end of the day, these guys are actually human. If I was Mountcastle, I'm ticked off. I won the MVP and we can't call me up because some guy who hasn't seen the mendoza line in two years is on the team? Service time considerations are fine but I've said before I don't anticipate Mountcastle being the level of player where we should care about that.  Just seems like a raw deal for a guy who had an excellent season, if I was him it'd build resentment. 

11 minutes ago, LA2 said:

It feels like a Divine Pronouncement. A determination of when Time shalt begin--and the Rational Order of the Oriolesphere.

By the way, also very post-Angelos, Duquette & Buck: The Era in which Bonus Babies were installed before having a few games at a new position, mastered a third pitch, Walked on the Waters from both sides of the Plate, etc.--an innocent time during which it was believed that "You cannot ruin the good ones."

In addition, we're no longer living in the Davisocene.

6 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I mean, if they weren't being called up, they would clean out their locker after the game with the rest of the team. Instead, they cleaned out their locker now so they can get on a earlier plane to Tampa to be prepared for the double header tomorrow.

Very circumstantial evidence, my dear MurphDogg, very circumstantial.

Their lockers could have been infested with bedbugs, for instance.

8 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

I think this is just another reason they need to cut ties with Davis. At the end of the day, these guys are actually human. If I was Mountcastle, I'm ticked off. I won the MVP and we can't call me up because some guy who hasn't seen the mendoza line in two years is on the team? Service time considerations are fine but I've said before I don't anticipate Mountcastle being the level of player where we should care about that.  Just seems like a raw deal for a guy who had an excellent season, if I was him it'd build resentment. 

It’s got nothing to do with Davis.   It’s not like they couldn’t find room for him on the 40 man roster if they wanted to.    They’re going to have to do that by December anyway.   

24 minutes ago, weams said:

I respect that. And I do disagree. The CBA won't go the players way next time. 

I’m with CoC.   The percentage of revenue going to the owners has been going way up and is now much higher than in the other sports.    In that environment, the owners will make some concessions.    

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hess?  C'mon.  For real?

Hyde is a believer in the Fearful Symmetry of 2019: he's convinced there's a 7-inning no-hitter somewhere in David Hess's September. His September Song, if you will, even if it's his swan song too.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the players will make some gains and that is likely in one of the areas.

Maybe, but the players aren’t exactly known for fighting for the rights of those who aren’t in the union yet. Everyone in the union is already past the service time game. 

• Upvote 1