Austin Hays called up, Ryan Mountcastle not called up

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

That is not what the tweet says.  Read is again.

It's exactly what the tweet say.

Roch said nothing about empty lockers, he said in reference to players named by David Hall, "Part of the group joining the #orioles".

It's like you had this conversation with Roch:

Wildcard: Shepherd and Blach

Roch: Part of the group joining the Orioles

How would you interpret that interaction, because it's exactly the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Roch literally says, in response to the post about Shepherd and Blach's empty lockers that they are "part of the group joining the Orioles". How are you reading it?

On this post, he says

The Orioles haven't yet made an announcement, but players aren't released hours before the last game of the AAA season, they are clearly coming up. 

I

OK, thanks.  I see what you are saying.   I was think that if Williams is being called up Blach might be DFA'd to make room.   And therefore his lock would be cleaned out.

I am still leery of the reporting.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

OK, thanks.  I see what you are saying.   I was think that if Williams is being called up Blach might be DFA'd to make room.   And therefore his lock would be cleaned out.

I mean, if they weren't being called up, they would clean out their locker after the game with the rest of the team. Instead, they cleaned out their locker now so they can get on a earlier plane to Tampa to be prepared for the double header tomorrow.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

But since Blach has been named the starter of the first game tomorrow, there's a pretty good chance that he's been recalled.

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

But you are not right. So I am glad you allowed Luke to correct your misinterpretation. Thanks. 

29 minutes ago, weams said:

But you are not right. So I am glad you allowed Luke to correct your misinterpretation. Thanks. 

I'm with WIldcard on this one. Not because I think he's right (at least for now, Beware the Ides), but because it would be fantastic if he had doubted the tea leaves (the divination of the Empty Lockers configuration) astutely. I mean, wouldn't that be incredible?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Don't seem to be.  I suggested that maybe he was getting sent to help one of the other affiliates in the playoffs and Frobby eyerolled me.

So, do we usually have International League Players of the Year down there at Norfolk at 22 who get sent home rather than at least getting a cup of coffee as a motivational reward, if nothing else?  Is this a clock starting deal?  I mean, my goodness, how does David Hess get an umpteenth callup to demonstrate again how he can’t pitch and Ryan goes home?  Or is it a 40 man roster deal? 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

So, do we usually have International League Players of the Year down there at Norfolk at 22 who get sent home rather than at least getting a cup of coffee as a motivational reward, if nothing else?  Is this a clock starting deal?  I mean, my goodness, how does David Hess get an umpteenth callup to demonstrate again how he can’t pitch and Ryan goes home?  Or is it a 40 man roster deal? 

If they can find room on the 40 for Trumbo I don't see why they couldn't for Mountcastle.

What makes most sense to me is that they are planning on manipulating his service time. 

I'm at the point that I'm rooting for the players to close that loophole in the next CBA.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I'm with WIldcard on this one. Not because I think he's right (at least for now), but because it would be fantastic if he had doubted the tea leaves (the divination of the Empty Lockers configuration) astutely. I mean, wouldn't that be incredible?

Ok then. I guess I missed that. 

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It feels like a Divine Pronouncement. A determination of when Time shalt begin--and the Rational Order of the Oriolesphere.

• Upvote 2