Going for the Mini-Sweep (GAME TWO, 9/03)

OFFNY

24 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Bach is my brother's favorite composer, absolutely loves him.  I roll with Mozart.  But that Haydn guy was pretty good too.  When I'm feeling down (I have chronic health problems), I go to the piano and play some Mozart and Haydn sonatas.  It helps some.

This is not too fast as most performances are, and it’s just joyful. There’s a girl sitting on stage next to the leader apparently doing nothing which is actually a page turner which I think is incredibly distracting, because she’s doing nothing except turning a page every couple of minutes. Oh well

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It only really becomes an issue when it happens over successive generations.

368px-Charles_II_1670-80.jpg

Yeah, but I think that's only with first cousins. What I found most interesting is that first cousins have the same risk of birth defects as a 40 year old woman would have, but yes it does accumulate. At third cousins, there's really no increased risk at all.

18 minutes ago, Philip said:

With 23 and me, a lot of people are going to be finding out, surprise surprise, that they have married their cousins. So that number will doubtless grow

It's strange because the stigma with that is a fairly new thing. Not sure why. I guess the Royals in England gave it a bad look.

17 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

To all those folks that thought he wouldn't play once rosters expanded.

tenor.gif

It's a day later, and I'm still po'd about Davis' horrible base-running blunder - and almost as angry at the O's for continuing to play him.  The organization should pay a bonus to everyone who's put up with playing with him.  

15 hours ago, Philip said:

This is not too fast as most performances are, and it’s just joyful. There’s a girl sitting on stage next to the leader apparently doing nothing which is actually a page turner which I think is incredibly distracting, because she’s doing nothing except turning a page every couple of minutes. Oh well

We have a Classical Music thread where you’d be welcomed that I get awful lonely in. 

20 hours ago, Philip said:

Wow Philip I’m impressed. 

Archived