Orioles working to create a "Mental Skills Curriculum" as part of their player development

Luke-OH

On 9/30/2019 at 8:30 PM, Moose Milligan said:

I wonder how this will help pitchers not leave fastballs belt high over the plate.  

Can't hurt though.

Focus is a hell of a thing.  Even when we are not actively thinking about problems our brain is devoting space to those problems.  Being able to manage/mitigate/solve those issues during the day will help allow players to more align focus on game days on performance.

45 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Focus is a hell of a thing.  Even when we are not actively thinking about problems our brain is devoting space to those problems.  Being able to manage/mitigate/solve those issues during the day will help allow players to more align focus on game days on performance.

I agree, focusing might be an issue but I was more referring to just lack of overall skill.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:05 AM, Luke-OH said:

This position will be first point of contact for players and staff seeking assistance and/or information related to performance, mental health, and wellness."

First thing I though of when I read this...