Buck Showalter back to the Show?

weams

I would love to see Buck become the manager of the Angels.

There was an MLB.com article recently about Bruce Bochy becoming the "Latest and perhaps last manager to reach 2000 wins."  They mentioned that one of the people who could theoretically also get to 2,000 was Buck.  He currently has 1,551 and is 63 years old.

17 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I would love to see Buck become the manager of the Angels.

There was an MLB.com article recently about Bruce Bochy becoming the "Latest and perhaps last manager to reach 2000 wins."  They mentioned that one of the people who could theoretically also get to 2,000 was Buck.  He currently has 1,551 and is 63 years old.

There are 11 managers in all history with 2000+ wins.  Four of the 11 (36%) are/were active in the 2010s.  If anything it seems like 2000-win managers have become more likely recently.  

Also, Terry Francona is only 3-4 good years from 2000. Mike Scioscia is nearly tied with Francona, each about 100 wins ahead of Buck.  If all three of those guys were to get there we'd have 50% of all 2000-win managers active in about a 15-year period.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There are 11 managers in all history with 2000+ wins.  Four of the 11 (36%) are/were active in the 2010s.  If anything it seems like 2000-win managers have become more likely recently.  

Also, Terry Francona is only 3-4 good years from 2000. Mike Scioscia is nearly tied with Francona, each about 100 wins ahead of Buck.  If all three of those guys were to get there we'd have 50% of all 2000-win managers active in about a 15-year period.  

Yea. It was mlb.com’s click baity title, not mine. That’s why I put it in quotes.

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

Imagine lucking into unquestionably the best player of the decade, and who could be in the argument for greatest player ever, and still managing to put together a 90-loss team, and then blaming your first year manager for it.

Big difference between blaming him and just wanting Maddon.