Projected Orioles 2020 Opening Day Payroll (ODP)

AZRon

Add up all the arbitration projection players and you get to 29.2.  MLBTR's site that they link to for the arb projections say they're usually ~300k or so.  

Add Davis, you get 52.2, and then Cobb brings us to 66.2.

As it stands, I don't think that 76.02 number is that far off from what they'll end up with.  I don't see us being big spenders in free agency of course.  And the guys that made the league minimum last year are going to be replaced by guys that will be making the league minimum next year.  

I see it going either 5 million in either direction, either up to 81 or down to 71.  

Then again, not my money and I don't really care.  Obviously the worst part of all of this is that most of the money is tied up with two rather useless players in Davis and Cobb.  Davis is what he is, no one has any hope and Cobb has a long way to go before being able to restore any kind of faith with anyone.  Even if he has a great first half and can figure out a way to trade him, we'll still be eating his salary through the end of 2021.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

47M  ?

I don't think they can get to 45M with Davis and Cobb on the books.

Any deferred money coming due this year?  I think the Markakis payments are done.  How about Jones, Hardy, Ubaldo any of those getting a check in 2020?

Probably right. In all cases then.