Predict the Next Terps FB Victory

TonySoprano

Well, Locksley has 3 wins so far, which matches his entire career head coaching record.   Two of the three were against those rugged Howard U Bisons and that perennial powerhouse from Joysey, Rutgers.
Remaining schedule.  Which game do the Terps win?  As for me, I'll make my pick when I see the 2020 schedule.

Sat, Oct 26
@Minnesota20 Minnesota

Sat, Nov 2
vsMichigan16 Michigan

Sat, Nov 9      
Sat, Nov 23      
Sat, Nov 30

• 2 weeks later...

Minnesota 52-10

I went to MD in the early 80s and back then,  the Homecoming opponent was one that the Terps had a reasonable chance to beat.  This year, it's Michigan.   Bringing back the Bobby Ross era uniforms from my undergraduate years won't add a single point to the scoreboard.   

On 10/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, TonySoprano said:

Minnesota 52-10

I went to MD in the early 80s and back then,  the Homecoming opponent was one that the Terps had a reasonable chance to beat.  This year, it's Michigan.   Bringing back the Bobby Ross era uniforms from my undergraduate years won't add a single point to the scoreboard.   

Nope. Honestly all it will do is tarnish a uniform that was worn with pride because the team was not a laughing stock. I would not be surprise to see a lot of transfers after this disastrous season. 

The DMV has been lost to Penn State and until they hire a coach with a winning background who can convince kids that Maryland is the place that can help them get to the NFL then this program will continue to be a laughing stock afterthought in the Big 10.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Nope. Honestly all it will do is tarnish a uniform that was worn with pride because the team was not a laughing stock. I would not be surprise to see a lot of transfers after this disastrous season. 

The DMV has been lost to Penn State and until they hire a coach with a winning background who can convince kids that Maryland is the place that can help them get to the NFL then this program will continue to be a laughing stock afterthought in the Big 10.

Spending tens of millions on turning Cole Field House into a "Performance Center" will never pay off as an investment.   Now they want to do it all over again building one for the basketball teams.   Message to that idiot, Dr. Loh.  Fundraise to fix the dorms instead.  Does another student have to die?

• Upvote 1

Ohio State, which just thrashed Wisconsin 38-7, is a 44.5 point favorite against the visiting Terps.  The Terps were down 7-0 in less than 30 seconds into their Homecoming game.  Maryland, which lost by an identical 38-7 score to Michigan, still remains optimistic..if you believe what Locksley's shoveling.

“We just got to keep building. We’re headed in the right direction, we just got to keep going. There’s little things that we need to fix, but we’re almost there," he said. “As I told our team, I thought we took a step forward in terms of the type of effort that we need to play with for 60 minutes and playing with heart, pride and I saw that all the way to the end of the last drive ... I think we can build with that type of fight," he said. "

In their 3 victories, the Terps held a 190-27 advantage.   It's 76-243 in the 6 losses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, ArtVanDelay said:

It would be a relief if they shut down the football program.  What a disaster.

Oh I just made that comment in another thread.   I don't see any point in competing in football in the big ten.   They could be a trend-setter among major universities.   End football and men's basketball concentrate on sports that aren't corrupt yet.  

HOME game for the Terps and they get demolished by Nebraska 54 -7.
Nebraska came in with a 4 game losing streak.  Not anymore.  Largest victory for Nebraska in 10 years in the conference. 
4th time MD gives up 52+  in a game this season.   MD loses 6th straight, only MSU left to put the season out of its misery.

In 2015, Locksley was the interim coach after Edsall was fired.  The Terps went 1-5 with the only win being Rutgers.  For his career, MD is 4-13, two of the four victories were Rutgers.