Winter Warm-up, Birdland Brunch, and Brews and O's

MurphDogg

5 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

I was happy in the end to get my sons picture with the Santa Oriole Bird, that made it worthwhile for me. I don't think we will be going back next December though.

Yeah Santa Bird photos seemed cool.  Did they have music and face painting?  We went to kids opening day last season and got a lot of photos with all the different mascots they had there but didn't get to the Orioles bird as the long was rather long.    

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Someone I know said they were giving out the blankets just to get rid of them as fast as they could.So claiming around 1,000 so they can say they gave all the Sherpa blankets away.My friend said some wanted to get some former players and some of the minor leaguers but were turned down .Not sure why.The Hot Stove Show thing is good if you want free food but every player and anyone else besides the GM has called in.I would have gotten some Ravens to come to this since no game on Sunday.Two Ravens were signing in Aberdern at an auto dealership and two in Cockeysville for free.

Wait so the Hot Stove show you go to the radio station in person as a season ticket holder but the players don't actually show up?  WTF.   i am not sure what the point of that is.  

Also why wouldn't they want former players?  They didn't want to pay for their flights and accommodations? 

Who is in charge of these things?    I mean they are doing everything wrong that they can. I did see the 5 game Orioles packages for opening day being offered.  You know if you had fan fest you could have a booth selling those.  Probably sell quite a few.  

I will give them a pass on not wanting Ravens players there.  You wouldn't want all 100 of the fans there to be lined up waiting to get Ravens autographs and ignoring Elias, Hyde and company.  

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

Wait so the Hot Stove show you go to the radio station in person as a season ticket holder but the players don't actually show up?  WTF.   i am not sure what the point of that is.  

Also why wouldn't they want former players?  They didn't want to pay for their flights and accommodations? 

Who is in charge of these things?    I mean they are doing everything wrong that they can. I did see the 5 game Orioles packages for opening day being offered.  You know if you had fan fest you could have a booth selling those.  Probably sell quite a few.  

I will give them a pass on not wanting Ravens players there.  You wouldn't want all 100 of the fans there to be lined up waiting to get Ravens autographs and ignoring Elias, Hyde and company.  

See the list and says all call ins except for Mike. I thought i heard the last one at the studio was December 19th but could be wrong.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/fans/hot-stove-show

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure how that's a 

Also from Nathan Ruiz.

fan described the Nationals’ World Series win as “a slap in the face.” Mike Elias and Brandon Hyde both reiterated that fans will be rewarded for sticking with the Orioles. “We fully get it that it’s hard to watch at times,” Hyde said.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder if I get paid to spread the message. Maybe Greg Bader can hire me in his marketing department. I can work with his son.

The Orioles’ message of patience continued to be preached during Saturday’s Winter Warm-Up. Mike Elias: “A huge part of our success is going to be you guys hanging in there, understanding the process and helping us spread this message around the city."

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Hopefully this was a 1 year thing and they get back to a regular "Fan Fest" next year...

Ok, I'll go back to dreaming.

Other than the rain, it was kind of brilliant PR. 1,000 fans still showed up. They mellowed out the mood with a Christmas theme. Elias took questions and gave honest answers. We like NCAA pitching and we’re going to need patience. 

People think that we could’ve just ran the minor leaguers out there at fanfest, wouldn’t that be putting a lot of pressure and a unrealistic burden of expectations?  “Hey Brnovich, we just acquired you, but when will you be in the Orioles Rotation?”  

Edited by sportsfan8703