Ok, if we’re going to be bad, then...

Philip

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Elias was hired to do a full rebuild that would take 3, 4, 5 years.  He was hired to trim payroll and focus investments in infrastructure, scouting, analytics, and development.  Everyone knew he was signing on to execute a process that wouldn't put the team into contention until at least 2022 or 2023.  Ownership knew all of this, endorsed it, and agreed to it.

It's laughable that he's been executing exactly that plan for about a year and you're advocating that he be fired for it.

You got an Uber to take you from Oriole Park to Towson.  When you get three blocks north of OPACY you demand to be let out and refunded your money because he didn't go the way you wanted, he took a wrong turn at Pratt, his car wasn't the car you wanted, the music was all wrong, the air freshener smelled a little too strongly of pine, you're sure that he doesn't know where Towson is, you're pretty convinced that he's really a kidnapper, you don't know why an Uber costs so much, why doesn't the driver speak better English, you could have hitchhiked and got a better deal...

I am not sure what your fable has to do with this.  

This is more like someone offering me a taxi tour of Gaza with a taxi cab painted with the American and Israeli flags on it.  And you are telling me I should get on the ride it might not be good at first but it will get better as you go along.  No thanks I will skip the tour. 

I was never on board with the Astro's style rebuild.  And when other teams were in the midst of such rebuilds in the past people on here mocked them.  People were mocking the Marlins on here before the 2018 season began.  Show me some links when the Astro's were in the second year of their tank job where people on here were praising it.  

48 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

There's no food/beverage/cheap ticket special that could really get me out to the ballpark right now.  Other than taking mom and dad for mothers day/fathers day which has become a tradition, I don't feel the need to go.  I live too far, the team's not that great, and I've been to plenty of games over the years.  I've said it before, I'll say it again...the home experience is way better now than it's ever been and that's a main reason why attendance is down.  Super high def TVs, comfy furnishings, A/C, your own food and beverage selections are way better than watching a game in person in the middle of July, especially when your team is not that good.

So you are saying TV viewership is up?  I doubt that is true.  

59 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Probably the part about you questioning Elias' intelligence.

Atomic, care to tell me why you downvoted this? You asked a question and I answered it.

When you say something classless like, "He doesn't seem to be the brightest dude," you're going to get pushback, which I suspect is exactly what you wanted.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not sure what your fable has to do with this.  

This is more like someone offering me a taxi tour of Gaza with a taxi cab painted with the American and Israeli flags on it.  And you are telling me I should get on the ride it might not be good at first but it will get better as you go along.  No thanks I will skip the tour. 

I was never on board with the Astro's style rebuild.  And when other teams were in the midst of such rebuilds in the past people on here mocked them.  People were mocking the Marlins on here before the 2018 season began.  Show me some links when the Astro's were in the second year of their tank job where people on here were praising it.  

Nobody was praising it, until it worked.    But we’ve learned such a plan can work, and that’s what Elias was brought here to attempt.  

3 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Atomic, care to tell me why you downvoted this? You asked a question and I answered it.

When you say something classless like, "He doesn't seem to be the brightest dude," you're going to get pushback, which I suspect is exactly what you wanted.

He downvoted my post too, and another one by another poster.    Shrug.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Nobody was praising it, until it worked.    But we’ve learned such a plan can work, and that’s what Elias was brought here to attempt.  

So one instance where it worked and you are believing that being bad on purpose is going to work all the time.  A lot harder to accomplish when everyone is trying the same strategy.  Like I said before if half the league is trying to lose it won't be hard to win. 

10 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Nope I did not expect push back. People downvoted me for years.  I thought it is just what you do when you don't agree with a post. 

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't even think the worst part is behind us as fans yet. I really believe that some of the young prospects will have to build value at the ML level and be traded in order to get a real influx of talent in the system.

That of course is just my opinion. I don't mean that to imply that I disagree with the plan, just thinking it could take a lot longer than expected.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I don't even think the worst part is behind us as fans yet. I really believe that some of the young prospects will have to build value at the ML level and be traded in order to get a real influx of talent in the system.

That of course is just my opinion. I don't mean that to imply that I disagree with the plan, just thinking it could take a lot longer than expected.

I agree that the worst isn't behind us.  I think next season will be the worst record wise, but that's because the pitching staff.  I expect the lineup to be around the same, especially once Mountcastle comes up.  The pitching staff minus Bundy and Givens will be terrible.  Plus, we will not rush any of the arms that will be in AAA next year.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree that the worst isn't behind us.  I think next season will be the worst record wise, but that's because the pitching staff.  I expect the lineup to be around the same, especially once Mountcastle comes up.  The pitching staff minus Bundy and Givens will be terrible.  Plus, we will not rush any of the arms that will be in AAA next year.  

Like I said before the 2019 season it is really hard to lose 115+ games.  Odds are good the 2018 team will hold onto the record for, well, worst record.

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Like I said before the 2019 season it is really hard to lose 115+ games.  Odds are good the 2018 team will hold onto the record for, well, worst record.

I didn't mean W/L record. I don't think they have nearly enough talent at any level coming up that will put this team in a situation where a FA or two will have them competitive. 

The current roster even if they kept Villar is just lacking talent. This is going to be a long road.