Villar Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas

weams

1 minute ago, weams said:

He might never have been on waivers. Or possibly so esoterica that I am unfamiliar with.  I'll want to become familiar. 

Wouldn't he have to be on some kind of "esoteric" waiver to be traded in the 1 PM to 8 PM window?

After 8 PM he would have been a FA so O's wold have no rights to trade.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

He might never have been on waivers. Or possibly so esoterica that I am unfamiliar with.  I'll want to become familiar. 

That would be the other option and a complete failure of reporting by Roch, Trezza, Connolly. The only reason I don’t think that is what happened is because someone I trust who would know told me that he was in fact on waivers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

That would be the other option and a complete failure of reporting by Roch, Trezza, Connolly. The only reason I don’t think that is what happened is because someone I trust who would know told me that he was in fact on waivers.

Me too. But that is an option. I also thought I may be unaware of a loophole.  I want to hear more. If this was just someone reporting and then everyone running with it I would be sad. 

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

The  Dexter Fowler fiasco has made me cautious of that. 

The O’s are still going to lose at least 95 games next year. I just hate how they’re not even trying to make the 2020 club better for the fans. I’m not asking them to try and contend. But don’t make it unbearable. Why should I re-up my season tickets? I agree with Tony. I hate how cold and soulless organizations become when they’re rebuilding. It is the sheer definition of tanking. And people wonder why attendance is down and apathy is king. And I like Elias, btw. It just sucks.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Rich Dubroff reported that he cleared waivers