Luke's 2019 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Luke-OH

9 hours ago, Philip said:

Gosh, folks, after tomorrow afternoon, what the hell are we going to talk about until March?

The mix between AAAA, minor league free agents, and reclamation free agents pitchers the team signs in hopes of having a viable rotation.

We already know that they aren't giving a mediocre free agent a 10 million dollar 1 year deal (the going rate for such a pitcher). So we obviously will be looking for the next Nate Karns hoping for a rebound.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

The mix between AAAA, minor league free agents, and reclamation free agents pitchers the team signs in hopes of having a viable rotation.

We already know that they aren't giving a mediocre free agent a 10 million dollar 1 year deal (the going rate for such a pitcher). So we obviously will be looking for the next Nate Karns hoping for a rebound.

Drew Smyly.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He probably gets 3-5 million if people believe he is healthy. 

An incentive laden deal probably makes sense. But I don’t think they want to pay him 6-10 million if he was to perform.

Yeah, you're probably right honestly. 

I thought Gausman would get $3 and he got $9 lol. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s been reading your stuff.  

He added the 3 guys in my top five that he didn’t have later in the day after my list came out. That would be a bit of a coincidence. We’ll see if Fuentes and Yonny Hernandez get added in his last update.

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah, you're probably right honestly. 

I thought Gausman would get $3 and he got $9 lol. 

I said earlier in the offseason that a MEH starting pitcher gets $10 million. I was pretty close as that’s what Gausman is.

Cashner is probably a $6 million contract 

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He added the 3 guys in my top five that he didn’t have later in the day after my list came out. That would be a bit of a coincidence. We’ll see if Fuentes and Yonny Hernandez get added in his last update.

Great job doing the list and tipping us about Brandon Bailey. It’s pretty funny that you guys put together a top 30 list and then we immediately acquire 8 pitchers.