Aug 24 O's v. Yanks Avoid The Sweep

THELTSHOW

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's be honest here. That was way too close to take. The floating strike zone makes it even more so than usual.

I am willing to be brutally honest here and I believe Markakis is the biggest choker in the clutch on this team right now. He is especially prone to do it against the tougher competition like the Rays, Yankees or Redsox when the game is on the line. Great players relish those spots and Markakis looks like a deer caught in the headlights far too often. Hitting early on in non-pressure situations is one thing, hitting when the game on the line is another. Markakis excels at the former and sucks at the latter.

On the Yankees telecast which I was watching they didn't show the view from above, but from the normal view it looked a tad outside, but definitely something where Nick needed to swing in that situation. Given the inconsistency of the umps the entire game, he should have swung and not taken any chances.

I am willing to be brutally honest here and I bellieve Markakis is the biggest choker in the clutch on this team right now. He is especially prone to do it against the tougher competition like the Rays, Yankees or Redsox when the gam is on the line. Great players relish those spots and Markakis looks like a deer caught in the headlights far too often. Hitting early on in non-pressure situations is one thing, hitting when the game on the line is another. Markakis excels at the former and sucks at the latter.

You know you can repeat BS as many times as you want, but in the end it's still BS.

You know you can repeat BS as many times as you want, but in the end it's still BS.

Why is it BS. Markakis I believe has only had two more game winning rbi in close and late situations this season than the much maligned and demoted to the minors Luis Hernandez! He sucks in the clutch!

Why is it BS. Markakis I believe has only had two more game winning rbi in close and late situations this season than the much maligned and demoted to the minors Luis Hernandez! He sucks in the clutch!

This is hilarious -- Mr. Stats-don't-much trots out two highly suspect numbers to prove his point. Are you pulling our leg, Oldie? :scratchchinhmm:

Archived