Aug 24 O's v. Yanks Avoid The Sweep

THELTSHOW

This doesn't make any sense. There have only been 2 manager moves today? :confused:

Arbitrary substitutions. Let me revise that hes more like 1 for 3 with a push for bringing in Luke to PH. His 1 is for Sarfate, missed on Walker and Cintron

Make that 2 for 4 with Ramon's single

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This doesn't make any sense. There have only been 2 manager moves today? :confused:

Well now Cintron goes in defensively for Castro in a close game, with Hernandez PH for Castro. That's a very odd move considering Castro is the better defensive option. Why not just PH Ramon for Quiroz and leave Castro in?

Yup. Terrible as Castro is with the bat, you really can't afford to take out his glove and replace him with this bum for a pretty marginal offensive upgrade.

... and Castro could have looked better than that striking out on bad pitches. :rolleyes:

I am no fan of Cintron's defense but I think it is a reasonable move to try to get someone on base with a little speed in front of Ramon. (Now, I don't think he should have used Scott so early and I wouldn't have put in Walker but, hey, that what makes armchair managing so much fun!)

Well now Cintron goes in defensively for Castro in a close game, with Hernandez PH for Castro. That's a very odd move considering Castro is the better defensive option. Why not just PH Ramon for Quiroz and leave Castro in?

He wanted Cintron and Ramon to bat instead of Castro and Quiroz. Makes sense to me.

If the O's were leading, I think he'd leave Castro in for defensive reasons. But when you're behind, you need the better bat in there.

I have to ask this, but what is it that makes Cintron a better hitter than Castro??? They both struggle in general at the plate, but other than picking up soft singles in blowouts and that walk off single early in the season, I can't remember any time where Cintron has actually contributed to an offensive effort.

I am no fan of Cintron's defense but I think it is a reasonable move to try to get someone on base with a little speed in front of Ramon. (Now, I don't think he should have used Scott so early and I wouldn't have put in Walker but, hey, that what makes armchair managing so much fun!)

That's all well and good if you're downgrading the defense from good to average or average to fair, or if you're talking about downgrading the defense at a corner position, but we're talking about going from a very good defensive shortstop to a guy who has no business in the world playing shortstop on a high school team. If you're going to structure your roster so that you have no true backup infielder who can actually play the middle infield positions somewhat competently, you leave yourself with very few options. It's so incredibly frustrating how often this happens. At least on September first we should get Fahey back and/or Blake Davis, so Cintron can be used as a marginal pinch hitter and then immediately replaced with an actual shortstop.

Archived